naturally low temp, will I still get a proper reading? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my temp is always around 96.8 something. Not the usual 98.6 that its "supposed" too be, basically if I had 98.6 degree temp, i'd have a slight fever. Will this effect what I see on my chart? Will I even see a rise if I run so "cold" per say. I'm healthy in every other way. This will be my forth cycle ttc (with just opks and sex every other day give or take) and my first cycle charting (trying too see if maybe theres a problem :/) 

#2 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 05:23 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Yes it should fluctuate and rise a bit after O. It will actually be even lower when you first wake up then when you're walking around during the day. Mine is about 97 but I noticed clear rises when I was charting. Get an accurate thermometer of course, and make sure it's one that will register temps as low as yours without beeping and saying LO.

#3 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 08:00 PM

You may want to have your thyroid checked. There's a chance you may have an under active thyroid with low temperatures like that.

#4 of 5 Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Before I got pregnant with dd1 my temp was super low. I did see a temp shift after o. After my pregnancies my temp is much higher. Good luck.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#5 of 5 Old 07-14-2012, 12:05 PM

My temps are that low, too, and were that low when TTC DD. I hav no thyroid issues, just a lower core temp.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page