Shortening periods.. WTH? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-01-2012, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Before becoming pregnant with DS, my cycle was 28 days. I got my period back when he was only 6 months, and it became a regular 26 day cycle very quickly. It remained 26 days through the next year and a few months until I conceived DD, May 2010. DD is 16 months, and my period returned when she was 11 months. Because I'm still breastfeeding and not so far out PP, I wasn't surprised that my period seemed "strange" - the first two coming only 21 days apart. But then the next one came 21 days later. And the next one 21 days later. I've now had 7 cycles PP, all 21 days apart on the dot. 

What is this?! Is it normal to have such a short cycle? Is it normal for my cycle to have shortened by so many days? I am not quite 23, and was only 18 when I got pregnant with DS, so I don't have much time of actually observing what is typical of my cycle, because I simply didn't care as a teenager, and then I had more than a year and half off of having one at all! 

sleepytime.gifjog.gifSleepy, running, wife to superhero.gif DH 08/09 -  Mama to jog.gif DS 8/08 & love.gif DD 1/11

"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. " - Japanese Proverb

#2 of 3 Old 06-25-2012, 07:27 PM

i remember my periods being really short as well when i was still breastfeeding ... so annoying. now that i'm done breastfeeding they seem to have returned to a 26-28 day cycle. it sounds normal enough to me!

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-26-2012, 06:48 AM

Your adrenals may need some support. With two children and ongoing breastfeeding it is important to take care of mama too! Even though you are young you may be pushing it, energy-wise. The best way to support the adrenals is to get plenty of sleep every night: in bed by 10, sleep 8-9 hours. Caffeine, sugar, and alcohol also stress the adrenals so those should be avoided as much as possible. And a good B-complex will help too, rich in B5. And don't be shy of eating healthy foods rich in cholesterol like farm-fresh eggs. I don't think it is normal and eventually it may even out but why stress your body needlessly?

"Become Independently Healthy" www.bodywisefoodsmart.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page