Missed period a week ago and having very uncomfortable cramps - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My post partum period came back in December 2011 and I have been regular ever since. I had a missed period a week ago. I took a pregnancy test 3 days past my missed period (on the 25th) and had a BFN.

So, I thought maybe my calculations are wrong... I keep a steady calendar of my periods and ovulation but don't know where I went wrong shrug.gif BUT I have been pumping more because of the mastitis I had 3 weeks ago. Could that have messed things up?

Ever since this morning, I had been having very uncomfortable cramps..almost like someone is stabbing my ovaries on both sides. It stings and it comes and goes. I had an optometry appointment this afternoon and I was having a conversation with DBF. I had to stop mid-sentence and actually bend over to make the cramping stop. I've never felt something like this before...

DBF still thinks I may be pregnant despite the test saying it is negative. It could be a possibility because we only do the pull-out method. Should I maybe test again? Should I be worried about these cramps?  

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

#2 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 01:20 PM

What are your cramps like normally?  Your description of the cramps makes me worry about the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy--stabbing pains are a common sign.  If the cramps continue to be that painful, I would go to an urgent care clinic and be seen today.  Better safe than sorry.

#3 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 01:38 PM

The pumping could cause the cramping. But you may still be pregnant. My baby was just 4 months when I found out I was preggo again. So That's possible. BTW I was nursing also.  If you need to see the Dr. because of the pain GO.  It could also be implantation cramps which was the case for me.... and my milk production really dropped. Feel better and REST if you can!  

#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

My cramps before were not this painful. They were barely there...like I knew I was having cramps but not to the point where I had to actually stop what I was doing because it hurts. DBF says to me that if it is bothering me tomorrow, we will go to urgent care. 

SAHM, college student, AND expecting #2 EDD March 20 2014! belly.gif(25)  * DS (10/2010)jog.gif *

Loving life with DBF (24) flowersforyou.gif since 10/2009 heartbeat.gif

Rainbow.gif *intactlact.gif* selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif* goorganic.jpg * familybed1.gif *cd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page