should i be worried? or am i just being silly..... - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Should I be concerned?
Yes 0 0%
No 0 0%
Maybe 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This past may i missed a period and i worried the entire month. I waited three weeks after i was supposed to have my period and took two different pregnancy tests that were both negative. The guy I was with at that time used the pull out method and I know that method is exactly fool-proof. I got my period in the first week of June. It was light and lasted about 5 days. I pushed all worries out of my mind about being pregnant even though I "felt" like I could be. I had some nausea and an increased appetite in May but I just chalked it up to my upcoming period or it being all in my head. Even though I keep telling myself Im not pregant its hard to shake that feeling. Maybe its just pregnancy paranoia hahaha. 

I had almost managed to make myself forget about it and then my sister talked to me about what happened to her in college and the time she got pregnant. She took HPTs and they all said negative but she felt pregnant and experienced an increased appetite and dizziness. She didn't know for sure that she was pregnant until she had a miscarriage.

I think that may be what I am afraid of most, being pregnant and not knowing until its too late. 

I talked to my doctor about it but she said because I had a period that I probably wasn't pregnant. I just have no idea what to do. I am not even seeing the guy that I was with at that time. I don't really want to talk to anyone that I know about this, I don't know why but I dont. Should I take another HPT? Should I go to the doctor? Or should I just chill out because I'm not pregnant? I am open to hear anyone's thoughts about this. 

(and i forgot to add that once again my period is a few days late)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Personally, I wouldn't worry, but if it would ease your mind, take another test. I've had that happen before, more than a few times, and was never pregnant. For me, when my period is that late, and if it's light, I feel yucky....the nausea and such. Good luck :)

"Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen." Ralph Marston

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page