I had sex 3/4 days before ovulation and the day after but used the pull out method could i be pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-20-2012, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Im 18 and defernatly not ready to have children yet i have been charting my O. I had been really busy at work and forgot to check the date I was meant to be O. I had sex 3/4 days before O and the Day after and im really worried that I could be pregnant. I dont have any symptoms and Im not due on until a couple of  days. Is it possible to become pregnant to have intercourse when you arent O and has it happened to anyone before?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:42 AM

Unprotected sex 3-4 days before ovulation CAN definitely result in pregnancy, but I'm thinking your odds are pretty slim. With perfect timing and no avoidance whatsoever, estimates are that pregnancy results only 20-25% of the time anyway. smile.gif

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

thank you
Old 08-23-2012, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for replying ithats put my mind at ease. Im due on tomorrow and i have no preg symptons so i think everything is ok x

Old 08-23-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post

Unprotected sex 3-4 days before ovulation CAN definitely result in pregnancy, but I'm thinking your odds are pretty slim. With perfect timing and no avoidance whatsoever, estimates are that pregnancy results only 20-25% of the time anyway. smile.gif

Really? That's not been the case for us :) I wonder if that statistic includes women of any particular age group. At 18 I would think you have a much higher chance of pregnancy with no avoidance and perfect timing.

OP,

I wouldnt worry too much. With the pull out method, your chances are greatly decreased. How long and how have you been charting your cycle? Sometimes our bodies O later or earlier than we think if we have just been going by dates.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Old 08-28-2012, 04:52 AM - Thread Starter

Couple of months. i did a test today and there is a faint line! I was going to post it so yous could tell me if its pos or neg but i dont no how

User Tag List