TTC after IUD removal - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-04-2012, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
[SIZE]3[/SIZE]
Hey ladies,
My husband and I decided we wanted to TTC for baby #2, so I had the iud removed on 10/10 and started bleeding on 10/12, which lasted until 10/16. I assumed this was my period, but I actually never had a period for the 1.5 years I had the iud. I was expecting my period on 11/8 (as I assumed I had a 28 cycle, but I honestly have never had regular periods and never really kept track of my cycles), but started bleeding on 11/3. I noticed a brownish discharge and later it was slightly pink. For most of the day on 11/4 there was nothing, but when I went to the bathroom just now there was more pinkish blood. Is it normal to have irregular periods after the iud removal? I don't have any symptoms of pregnancy.. Any advice is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)

I'm sorry I don't have any experience to share, but I have heard from other women on here that their cycles were took some time to become regular after IUD removal.  I would assume that is what is happening to you.  When you are sure you are getting your period, that might be a good time to start tracking.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM

If it was hormone iud and not a cooper one, it's very, very normal for it to take several cycles to get back to normal.  Even with a copper one it could take a few.  Your body has to adjust to the change, and that may take a little time.  I wouldn't worry too much.

After I had mine out it took a few months before things settled back to normal.  I wasn't TTC, but I was charting and it seemed that for the first few months I wasn't ovulating at all, or would have a short luteal phase, etc.  

#4 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 12:35 PM

Also, there can be a lot of build up in your uterus, and it can take some time for that all to come out.  I think I had irregular bleeding/spotting for at least six months after mine, and my doctors assured me that was fine and normal, but that certainly could interfere with TTC as it can create a hostile environment.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page