Mothering Forum banner

WHY IS MY CYCLE STILL ON?

789 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mosaic 
#1 ·
I AM 42 YEARS OF AGE. I AM ALL OF A SUDDEN HAVING AN ISSUE WITH MY CYCLE. I HAVE NEVER MISSED A PERIOD BUT IT HAPPENED IN SEPTEMBER. I DID GET A CYCLE IN OCTOBER BUT IT WAS XTRA HEAVY WHICH I NORMALLY ONLY HAVE HEAVY DAYS THE FIRST DAY. MY CYCLE LASTS ONLY 3 DAYS. WITH THIS CYCLE IN SEPTEMBER I WAS SICK AND CRAMPING. I HAD A LOT OF BLOOD CLOTS. WELL IT HASN'T WENT OFF. IT ISN'T AS HEAVY BUT IT IS STILL THERE. I STILL HAVE TO WEAR A PAD. SOME DAYS I HAVE CLOTS. SOME DAYS IT IS LIGHT. IT IS STILL GOING ON. WHEN I HAVE SEX IT STARTS UP AGAIN HEAVY. CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON? WHAT CAN I DO?

#2 ·
You may be experiencing some perimenopausal symptoms. Hormonal fluctuations as you get older are normal and may result in heavier or irregular periods. But as always, it's a good idea to check in with your doctor just to make sure there is nothing else going on like a cyst, hormonal deficiencies, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.