Anyone know what a 4 out of 1-5 on a quantitative blood pregnancy test means? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Missed two calls from the Dr. calling me back yesterday with my test results... Called in today and she was out of the office so I asked if either someone could just give me my result or I could come pick them up as I'm going to be gone for the next three days... Well the lady said that she didn't know how to read the test results but that it was a 4 out of 1-5 so it was in the normal range (not at all knowing it was a pg test....) So I'm sitting here going a little nuts waiting for a call back from another Dr. as I totally expected the test to be a zero (never had anything but a zero when I wasn't in fact pg) as I started bleeding 2 days after I got the test done and it has been really heavy for me and I was already starting to wonder if I was having a miscarriage and this seems to confirm it.... Thoughts/advice anyone?

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#2 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)

My doctor considered anything under 5 to be a negative, but I don't know where your office got the 1-5 range.  It may have been a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage.  I'm sorry.  hug2.gif

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 02-20-2013, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tracked down my blood tests from Dec and the normal range is always 0-5 it seems which does mean that they do consider it a negative. That being said when I talked to my normal dr a few years ago when I was having some bleeding and signs of maybe have a tubal she said that my blood tests have alway been 0 and it would be 0 if I wasn't pg... And dec results were less then 1 so between the early pregnancy symptoms and cramping weeks before AF which caused me to have the test and the test level and insane heavy bleeding I'm 99.9% sure I'm miscarrying....greensad.gif so anyways I talked to another dr in the office and he agreed that there could be a good chance of it being a miscarriage and that I should come get looked at and have my blood levels checked. So I'm off to do that now. Praying this is my first and last experience with this.... Thanks for replying smile.gif

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page