Miscarriage, Ovulation and the Stress That Comes With It - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my very first miscarriage ever a few weeks ago. I found out when I went in for my first appointment and the ultrasound tech said that she needed to get the doctor. Once my OB came in and saw the u/s for herself, she explained to us that baby's heart stopped beating about a week before so at about 8w and I was 9w when I got in. My HCG numbers were still going up though, which the doctor found baffling and thus she scheduled me for a D&C a week after my appointment. After my surgery I had very little discharge until the weekend when the bleeding got heavy. I knew this wasn't normal and so I went back for my follow up appointment where they told me that some of my placental tissue remained and is forming another fetal sac. banghead.gif The doctor confirmed it was just a sac and not another fetus. So I was offered another D&C which I knew we couldn't afford as my husband was steaming mad at the bills that rolled in from the first one. So I took Cytotec which was really hard to get. Two pharmacies nearby refused to give me the prescription because of moral reasons. Finally got the Rx filled at a hospital nearby, yay! That night I took my 4 pills of Cytotec (misoprostol) and a vicodin and the waiting begun. Around 4 am the cramping begun and by 8am the cramping had stopped but the bleeding remained the same for about 3 days after. 

Once the bleeding stopped, I went back for another u/s and was given the green light so we could BD again. A week later, I had some cramping but my AF had not started. I knew from past experiences that if I had a glass of something alcoholic that would kick start my AF. Bingo! That night I started my AF and I am now on CD 6. My OPK tells me today that I am in mid range for my OV which is pretty sudden since before I got pregnant it would remain on the first bar for a week after my AF before starting to rise. 

Aside from the D&C problems I ran into, I was wondering if anyone else using an OPK and had a MC have seen their OPK jump so quickly?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Hello PrairieDawn,

I'm sorry for your loss and that you had such a hard time getting your medication.  I don't have experience with your situation.  I had an earlier miscarriage and my next cycle was fairly normal.  There is a lot of talk about how a woman is more fertile in the 3 months after a miscarriage.  That could be part of it.  It could also be that you have some residual HCG in your system because sometime OPK's can pick that up also.  Good luck!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.

User Tag List