Mittelschmerz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-20-2013, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just a general question about mittelschmerz...I don't get them every month, but this month I felt particularly crampy for an hour or so the day I was "supposed" (just period tracker website, no charting) ovulate. Generally, are you gearing up to ovulate, actually in the act of ovulating, or what? I imagine it could be different for everyone, but wondered if there is a general idea of what's going on during that pain, which was more painful than usual this time. 

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 AM

Wikipedia says roughly midway through a cycle. I get it every month. And I can tell which ovary as well. I got it after the birth of my 4th baby. For me, it lasts a whole day.

#3 of 3 Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

This was an all over my lower abdomen deal, I couldn't tell which side. It actually felt exactly like the implantation cramps I had with my daughter...kind of stabby at times. I am more curious because that evening and the following evening I dtd and didn't know if it was "too late" to get pregnant or right on time. Not trying, clearly not preventing. Not much action before that for any swimmers to be waiting on an egg, so to speak. I'm not totally sure if I am in the TWW or not, since I know eggs aren't viable for very long.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page