I'm 100% sure something is happening ! Does this list add up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2013, 04:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I finished my period 14 days ago. We DTD 2 days after my period  and previously through the month before. I got my period so I assumed I was not pregnant. (I'm not really sure when I ovulate, my guess has always off in the past, as I conceived my previous child 2 days before my expected period.)

So I am extremely sure something is up with me right now, though. these symptoms are not vague, they do not come and go, they are here and in full force. I have had cramping every day since my period, the bleeding stopped but *cramping continued, like a *dull ache that is very uncomfortable, I have felt *'off', *depressed, *sore breasts, *hungry, and tired all the time and often *queasy after eating. The last few nights I had terrible nausea that subsided after falling asleep.

I did a blood test it was negative, however, the doctor did indicate that she didn't do the quantitative blood test and has ordered one for this coming wednesday. With my strong symptoms, she was concerned so she ordered an ultrasound for wednesday, however I have been doing a HPT everyday because I would like to know the result and not get an ultrasound, I would rather just wait it out. Fair?

I have had three other children and this feels symptomatically identical except the persistent cramping, which is much worse hence the all the urgency to find out what is up!

So all the HPT's (4 so far) and the qualitative blood test all came back negative thus far which either means I am not pregnant and have some very heavy hormonal issues going on or I am pregnant and it is simply too early to know.

In this early phase it is easy to think that it is just happening to you and it's all in your head, which is why  I need to talk with other Mothers who may be experiencing similar things. Obviously the HPT's aren't as accurate early, the longer you wait the more accurate so I guess it's fair to say I'll just have to wait, but I feel like I KNOW something is going on and does anyone else get this type of cramping for this long?? 

Thank you warmly!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Just an update....

I did a first response pregnancy test last night, hoping that if I was pregnant that the HCG levels may be high enough to be read. So I did the test and within five or so minutes I didn't really see anything so I set it aside. I saw it this morning and decided to throw it away but what caught my eye was a clear pink faint line. But it was there, my husband could see it. However I know the packaging says not to read the test after 10 minutes. Yet is there a chance it took longer for lower HCG levels? 

Anyway will try again! 

Old 08-31-2013, 06:23 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

It does sound like something hormonal, but maybe not pregnancy? Unless it's still quite early and the period didn't count for one reason or another. Don't believe a faint line after it sits overnight, it can be from evaporation. The u/s can look for other things besides a baby that could cause the symptoms, with things being strange as they are I'd consider getting it, in case of ectopic pregnancy or fibroids or cysts.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, thank you, it looks like I will be doing the ultrasound, the cramping is really worrying actually, come to think of it, I would want to know exactly what's going on. I wont be doing any more HPT's until I find out everything wed/thurs, these HPT's can make one feel impatient to know, when I really should just wait. I'll just try and not worry about anything until I know for sure, that's the advice I'd give someone else.

I was just hoping I wasn't the only one. *eeep!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 AM - Thread Starter

Just an update/ negative quantitative blood. Dr did indicate it still could be too early. But she is more sure I may not be preg yet concerned about my symptoms. I've got O type CM and been DTD quite regularly because I feel like it at night. My AF is due in a week still (not Wednesday like i thought) I checked my cycles and they are not regular but my estimate is Saturday (30 days cycle on average) so will wait and see! I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet.

User Tag List