How long does it take to ovulate after... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-10-2013, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my Nuva Ring slipped out?!  Yeah. Sunday night, the Nuva Ring must have slipped out when we DTD...and we DTD the next morning as well.  It was out for at least 12 hours before I noticed, and when I checked, my cervix was soft & open enough to fit a fingertip. :blush

We weren't TTC, but had talked about it a little as a "maybe in the future" thing...and last week, we woke up and told each other that we'd both had dreams I was pregnant. I had a dream a couple nights later that a Latina friend/co-worker of ours was telling us "You need to have more bambinos!"

Then this happened Sunday, and Monday morning when I replaced the ring, I felt a strangely familiar little "spark" in my womb...don't know if I'm just imagining things or what, but I'm queasy-nervous! And my tummy feels sensitive - that was always my first clue with my other babies, when I felt like my tummy was "full" and didn't want to be touched (except by DH). I'm very in tune with my body - I felt implantation occur each time, and tried to shrug it off as a case of the crazies. This would be pregnancy #6...sigh for my 2 little angel.gif angel.gif

What do you mamas think? I mean, it's only been 2 days...am I jumping the gun here, or do you think it's possible?! LOL

Mostly SAH mama bf.jpg with DS1, 8yo blahblah.gif  DS2, 5yobouncy.gif   DD1, 3yoenergy.gif& my awesome DH surf.gif  Waiting for DD2, due Aug 2014!  stork-girl.gif 
#2 of 4 Old 09-11-2013, 01:28 PM

Very possible I had. A friend that also used the nuva ring and she had her out for only 6 hrs and she got pregnant because she hadn't realized it. I wish you luck.
#3 of 4 Old 09-12-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the good thoughts. That's kinda what I had guessed. Even though the doctor said it's unlikely, I know my body...my cervix was definitely open that morning, it's closed tight now, I'm really feeling funny, and I don't think it's just nerves.

Sheesh, why am I the one who gets pregnant so easily...should I just start renting out my womb?? :dizzy

MountainMama2Be likes this.

Mostly SAH mama bf.jpg with DS1, 8yo blahblah.gif  DS2, 5yobouncy.gif   DD1, 3yoenergy.gif& my awesome DH surf.gif  Waiting for DD2, due Aug 2014!  stork-girl.gif 
#4 of 4 Old 09-17-2013, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
  • This is from their website. I guess it depends on how long you've had the ring in this cycle.
    Quote:
    • If NuvaRing is out for more than 3 continuous hours during the first 2 weeks of starting a new NuvaRing: Contraceptive effectiveness may have been reduced, so you might not be protected from pregnancy. Reinsert the ring as soon as possible and use an extra method of birth control (such as condoms or spermicide) until you have used NuvaRing for 7 days in a row
    • If NuvaRing has been out for more than 3 continuous hours during the third week of using a new NuvaRing: Throw the ring away and choose 1 of the 2 options below:
      1. Insert a new ring immediately. This begins the next 3-week use period. You may not have a period but you may experience breakthrough spotting or bleeding.
      2. Have your period and insert a new ring no later than 7 days from the time the previous ring was removed or expelled. This option should be chosen only if the ring was used continuously for the preceding 7 days.
      3. In addition, in order to prevent pregnancy, you must use a barrier method (such as condoms or spermicide) until you have used NuvaRing again for 7 days in a row.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page