my Nuva Ring slipped out?! Yeah. Sunday night, the Nuva Ring must have slipped out when we DTD...and we DTD the next morning as well. It was out for at least 12 hours before I noticed, and when I checked, my cervix was soft & open enough to fit a fingertip.
We weren't TTC, but had talked about it a little as a "maybe in the future" thing...and last week, we woke up and told each other that we'd both had dreams I was pregnant. I had a dream a couple nights later that a Latina friend/co-worker of ours was telling us "You need to have more bambinos!"
Then this happened Sunday, and Monday morning when I replaced the ring, I felt a strangely familiar little "spark" in my womb...don't know if I'm just imagining things or what, but I'm queasy-nervous! And my tummy feels sensitive - that was always my first clue with my other babies, when I felt like my tummy was "full" and didn't want to be touched (except by DH). I'm very in tune with my body - I felt implantation occur each time, and tried to shrug it off as a case of the crazies. This would be pregnancy #6...sigh for my 2 little
What do you mamas think? I mean, it's only been 2 days...am I jumping the gun here, or do you think it's possible?! LOL
Thanks for the good thoughts. That's kinda what I had guessed. Even though the doctor said it's unlikely, I know my body...my cervix was definitely open that morning, it's closed tight now, I'm really feeling funny, and I don't think it's just nerves.
Sheesh, why am I the one who gets pregnant so easily...should I just start renting out my womb??
- This is from their website. I guess it depends on how long you've had the ring in this cycle.
- If NuvaRing is out for more than 3 continuous hours during the first 2 weeks of starting a new NuvaRing: Contraceptive effectiveness may have been reduced, so you might not be protected from pregnancy. Reinsert the ring as soon as possible and use an extra method of birth control (such as condoms or spermicide) until you have used NuvaRing for 7 days in a row
- If NuvaRing has been out for more than 3 continuous hours during the third week of using a new NuvaRing: Throw the ring away and choose 1 of the 2 options below:
- Insert a new ring immediately. This begins the next 3-week use period. You may not have a period but you may experience breakthrough spotting or bleeding.
- Have your period and insert a new ring no later than 7 days from the time the previous ring was removed or expelled. This option should be chosen only if the ring was used continuously for the preceding 7 days.
- In addition, in order to prevent pregnancy, you must use a barrier method (such as condoms or spermicide) until you have used NuvaRing again for 7 days in a row.
This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !