Did green tea do this to my CF pattern? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-03-2004, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, all!

Until this cycle, I have been very lucky to have a very predictable and fairly 'textbook' CF pattern. I'm only on CD 16 (usually don't O until CD 19 or 20) right now, but I've noticed my CF is extremely different than it usually is. The only thing that's changed in my diet/life recently is that I've been drinking a large amount of green tea (32 oz.) everyday for the past few weeks. (I wasn't drinking it to affect the quality of CF, just for other health benefits and because I like it! ).

To be more specific about the quality of the CF--it's very watery, for lack of a better description. By this point in my cycle, I've always had copious amounts of creamy transitioning into EWCF, and I didn't need to venture to the cervix to find it. I've found small amounts creamy but only near my cervix today, and it's substantially less than usual, very thin/watery. Has anyone had anything like this happen after starting to drink green tea?

This may just be a strange fluke this cycle, but I have a sneaking suspicion it may be related to the green tea consumption . Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated!

Health and happiness to you all!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#2 of 3 Old 06-09-2004, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

I realize this is a tough question. I found no information saying green tea has been found to do this, so I think it's just that I'm ovulating later this cycle, and my CF was 'different' leading up to it. I'm gonna go back to drinking my tea--yippee! I missed it!

BTW, I finally got EWCF today (cd 22, and I've O'ed as late as cd 24 before) ... must have been playing hard to get!

Take care, all!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#3 of 3 Old 06-09-2004, 04:49 PM

I used to frequent fertility friend's boards, and a LOT of women were drinking green tea to get some more EWCM. So, apparently something in it does affect it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page