HELP!! So Frustrated!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-04-2004, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am now supposedly 20 DPO, but 5 pg tests over the last week have been I feel pregnant, but I know that breastfeeding and the return of fertility can lead to a lot of pg symptoms. Thing is AF made an appearance and it seems like I O'd. My temps are still up. Aside from a few days I have been getting up earlier after the O date and it has been cooler in the bedroom at night, so I can't account for the temp shift any other way BUT ovulation. If I was trying to conceive I could say my symptoms were "wishful thinking" (BTDT), but we were not trying for pg. My fertility returning really caught me off guard. It took a long time for my fertility to return last time and we tried for over a year before I was able to conceive ds2 so I would be surprised if I was pg already. I am nursing less frequently than I was when I was just nursing ds1 at this point (but I am tandem nursing, the feedings are just spaced out a lot more than ds1 when he was a babe-he nursed ever 20-30 min around the clock at 9 months). I just can't figure it out and I am so frustrated!!

What's going on? : : :

My chart

#2 of 7 Old 06-05-2004, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

No one has any ideas??? ARGH!! I'm getting really stressed about the whole thing. On to 21 DPO

#3 of 7 Old 06-05-2004, 11:28 PM

In TCOYF, she says that if you're 18 DPO, then you're pregnant. I don't know, it could be a chemical pregnancy, or an early miscarriage... Sorry, I'm a bit new to FAM, and breastfeeding throws a wrench in the works.
#4 of 7 Old 06-06-2004, 07:00 PM

Just looking at your chart, I would say you are so pregnant Have you considered getting a blood test done?
#5 of 7 Old 06-07-2004, 05:35 PM

Sometimes charting before your fertility returns can be really really frustrating. I started charting about a year before my fertility returned and it was so confusing. There were more than a few times when I had what looked to be a clear temperature shift, but then no period and no pregnancy. I don't know why this happens sometimes.

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#6 of 7 Old 06-07-2004, 06:41 PM

Hey.... maybe it's your hormones starting to fluctuate again, but you're not actually ovulating yet. Maybe for a while, you should just chart your CM, and then after your first bleed, or when you start noticing fertile CM chart temps. I don't know, I'd have to think about that a bit more. But it's an idea.
#7 of 7 Old 06-07-2004, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

I actually DID bleed. I started temping after my first AF and the suspected O date was day 18 or 19, which is right on cue for what it is normally (AF was exactly like usual as well). That is why the confusion.

I didn't have AF till much later last time, but even though I am tandem nursing now I don't end up nursing either boy at night most nights. AF returned shortly after ds2 (and ds1 actually) started sleeping through more often than not. I don't really know what to think!

Thanks for all the input though Keep it coming!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page