Anyone had a false neg with the new EPT? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2004, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used one of the new digital EPT tests 2 days ago- it said Not Pregnant. I took the test apart and looked at the strip. There was just one line- no hint of another. This morning, I took another. The digital readout still says Not Pregnant, but I took the test apart again (right away, not long enough for an evap. line to surface) and there is a super faint line next to the control. Am I crazy for thinking that the line may be too weak for the dig. sensor to read??

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2004, 02:03 PM

What I was told (though this was with the other digital test brand.. IMO, all the digital ones blow :P ) is that basically they're both control lines - it reads something IN the second line, not the second line itself.

I'd say try w/a regular (non-digital) test .. both my digi's said no, all reg said yes
#3 of 3 Old 07-10-2004, 12:15 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I bought a reg. test and it's negative- no trace of a second line. Dh and I are pretty relieved, but it would have been wonderful to have a +++, too

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page