Soonest positive test past conception? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-10-2004, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first time on the fertility board and I am hoping someone can give me some insight! I very losely keep track of my cycles and know a little about fertile mucous, I think, and do not have a very regular cycle. I have been tandem nursing till very recently, which could have something to do with irregular cycles.

Anyway, my question is how soon can you take a pregnancy test after conception. In other words I'm not sure when I ovulate or when my period is "due" so how soon after the day of possible conception could you receive a positive test?

One more question, is DPO, days past ovulation? Thanks!

grouphug.gif mom to five on earth (11 ,9, 7 and 5) and one on the way October 19, 2012 joy.gif

One in heaven angel.gif July 2006

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2004, 05:40 PM

DPO is days past ovulation. With my ds I had a positive test about 11 dpo. With this baby it was 12dpo but I didn't try to test before then. Both times the tests were very faint.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
Old 07-18-2004, 08:48 PM

It depends on the test you are using. Some of the more sensitive ones test at 20-25 hcg, others it isn't until 150-200. Implantation occurs between 5&10 days after ovulation. HCG doubles every 2 and a bit days. If you are using a very sensitive test you can pick up a +(it will be faint) 4 days after symptoms appear. However it isn't as accurate and you may get a negative.

Pregnancy Test Comparison

User Tag List