Fertile Mucous? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I have not gotten much response to my other thread, hint, hint!
So I decided I had some other questions! I do not do NFP, but am interested in it, but that is a whole other topic I will have to research at another time! I can't believe I am posting about this...but here I go...I guess it started about a week and a half ago I noticed about a 6-8 inch long string of clear-white mucous when I was going to the bathroom! I though it was weird, since I have never noticed this before now. This happened for a few days and then stopped and now a week in a half later it happened again this morning! Now I will say we did have sex last night, however the other times we had not had sex. What is this? Should I be concerned? Should I go to the doctor? When it first happened I thought this must be that "fertile mucous" I have heard about, but now I don't know what to think?": Thanks for any insight!!! I hope I have not totally grossed everyone out!

grouphug.gif mom to five on earth (11 ,9, 7 and 5) and one on the way October 19, 2012 joy.gif

One in heaven angel.gif July 2006

#2 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Sounds like the first time you got egg white cervical mucus. Which is fertile type stuff. This latest "batch" could possibly be leftovers from sex the night before.

I would highly recommend picking up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. An excellent book and will answer most ofy our questions!!

Good luck!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I am hoping we may have conceived about 10 days ago! ? I guess I will find out in the next few days! I will have to look into that book, especially if we are not pregnant. I would like to try NFP! Will keep you posted!:

grouphug.gif mom to five on earth (11 ,9, 7 and 5) and one on the way October 19, 2012 joy.gif

#4 of 6 Old 07-11-2004, 11:37 PM

Semen doesn't stretch- this sounds like egg white cervical fluid to me, the most fertile. If you're TTC, now is the time to : - once it dries up you won't be fertile until after your period.

Go for it!

Kristina in Kitsap County, WA
Doula, Student Midwife, Mama, Wife & More
http://redspiral.blogspot.com
#5 of 6 Old 07-12-2004, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Well girls, I took a pregnancy test this morning and...WAHOO! I got the very faintest line, but my other two pregnancies started off with very faint lines as well. I have never had a false positive before so I am hoping I really am pregnant!: I can't believe it, I'm so excited!: I'm going to test again in two days, if I can wait that long, ha ha,:LOL and hope for a darker line! Do you think you get a better result first thing in the morning or does it really matter? I think I may have to get Ina May's book now instead of Taking Charge of Your Fertility!:LOL Thanks again!

#6 of 6 Old 07-18-2004, 07:45 PM

Congrats. Pregnancy can increase your mucous. It could have been semen too, you can always put it in water to check. Semen will dissolve and mucous will ball up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page