AM I Crazy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just had my daughter 1/12/04 and I want to have another one again soon.
MY DH tried for three years after getting pregnant with her. I had two miscarriges in the first 6months of TTC right after we got married and then nothing for 2 1/2 years. My Dh has a low sperm problem, so bad that our fertility doc said to try adopting (this was after 1 1/2 years of TTC). So I guess I'm kinda paraniod that I may never have anymore (which wouldn't be the end of the world, I am so happy I have a child). And adopting is definitely an option I embrace.
Also my brother and I were 11 months apart and I love the relationship we have and like the thought of having two close together. I have had regular cycles for the last 5 months and get the normal discharge patterns I used too, but nothing. I guess that just makes me think the worst. Am I crazy?
Also, I don't want to get into the whole charting thing again, that seems to make me too stressed and that isn't going to help any, I got pregnant with DD after comming to the realization that adoption was the answer. In fact I was a foster mom for two years. DD was such a huge surprise!
Thanks for listening.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#2 of 3 Old 07-21-2004, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you think you and your family can handle it, then by all means go ahead. Only you know what you are capable of. Me, I could never do it, but I truly admire people who can. Good luck!
#3 of 3 Old 07-22-2004, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just something to make you think about the spacing just a little bit... I am currently pregnant with number 2. There will be 14 months spacing between them. Close spacing was not something I thought I would ever mind, but there were realities that I hadn't ever thought of before. I was planning on nursing #1 until at least 2 years old. I never thought I would be one that would supplement or anything. My milk dropped off seriously, however, immediately upon becoming pregnant. I have had a lot of guilt over the fact that my son was no longer receiving what I know he needs. I acutally had to completely wean him just a few weeks ago (at 10 months) because I had preterm labor with him, and nursing was giving me contractions again this time. I am really hoping to get him to nurse again after the new baby is here, but I am not sure that he will start again. He was not ready to wean, and it was pretty hard on both of us. The other thing I didn't think of was that first trimester exhaustion. I was so tired all of the time, and this was made much worse by having to wake up every hour during the night because my son was hungry due to low milk. I didn't have the energy to be the mom that he deserved. He's still very much just a baby himself, and I just don't feel like I'm able to keep up with his demands very well at this time. I don't want to rain on your parade or anything, but these are the two biggest things that I have struggled with and cried and cried over since becoming pregnant. I know that there will be advantages to having them so close as well, but I think a lot of those advantages are a little further down the road still. Just a few thoughts for you to think about!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page