Ovulation Predictor Kit Question-confused - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-27-2004, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I've never used an ovulation predictor test but just bought the Clear Blue Easy one. It says I should test once a day and make sure I haven't urinated for 4 hours. Then it says some women test first thing in the morning.

But I had read that first morning urine doesn't have as much of a buildup of LH and I should wait until after 12. Also, not peeing for 4 hours would be hard for me.

So, when do you usually test? Does anyone test more than once a day? How strictly do you follow the no peeing for 4 hours rule?

thanks! Karen
#2 of 5 Old 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM

You're right testing in the morning isn't a good idea. I used to test at around 5pm when I got home from work. I didn't test at work but I have read that many people do when they now ovulation is close.

I didn't do the 4 hr. no pee thing. I drink a lot of water and for me that really isn't possible. I got accurate results by not going for a little over an hour.

Good luck!
#3 of 5 Old 08-27-2004, 06:29 PM

I followed the instructions on mine to a T, and I NEVER got a positive, even when I knew I was ovulating. I took mine at 2:00, with a 4 hr-pee-abstinence.

The only time I got a positive on one of those things was when I ran out of HPTs, so I used a OPK instead! I'd heard that LH and HCG are structurally similar enough that the OPK can't tell the difference between LH and HCG. I used the OPK as a HPT when my period was 4 days late, and got two lines right away! (So, I'm either having a REALLY long ovulation, or I'm pg - I haven't figured it out yet. :LOL)
#4 of 5 Old 08-28-2004, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

i guess i will wait until after noon and try not to drink too much water for a couple of hours before that.

I had no idea that LH and HCG were similar and you could use those tests interchangably, mahogany, very interesting.

Karen
#5 of 5 Old 09-01-2004, 12:12 AM

Well, a different take....

I tested first thing in the morning and got a +. I chose to do first thing in the morning, because I'm trying to drink a lot of water during the day to increase my EWCM, and I was afraid all that water would dilute my urine during the day so much that the test wouldn't detect the hormone. First morning urine is the most concentrated, so I chose to test then.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page