Help TTC while EBF?Ways to increase LP? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-30-2004, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got my period back at 7 months PP, and at almost 16 months, I think I have had about 3 cycles where I have ovulated, judging by my charts, the rest were anovulatory (first 7 or so). Last month was my best month so far, with a paltry 9 day LP (up from 7). DD nurses whenever *she* wants to, and is not night-weaned and continues to have little interest in solids. So here I am, gearing up to TTC this month, and I fear the worst. I started taking vitex (500 mg) and vitamin B6...but I don't know what else to do. I could have gotten pg last month (accidentally) but apparently my LP is still too short. I don't think I can nightwean since DD doesn't even know how to go to sleep on her own, let alone sleep for more than 4-5 hours at night, and since she refuses many solids (she will eat some, but not much, anbd believe me I have offered jsut about everything, but don't beleive in pushing her) I do not feel good about depriving her of BM AT ALL. She is about 22.5 pounds now and feels too light as it is. I *do not* want to wean, but I also am 32 and would very much like to get pg again soon! Any suggestions? Is there an OTC safe Progesterone cream? I don't want to go to a doctor, only to be told to wean! I'd love to hear suggestions!
#2 of 7 Old 08-30-2004, 12:31 PM

nak-
Maybe try the progrsterone cream.
#3 of 7 Old 08-31-2004, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I am looking into it, just don't know how long to take it and if it is safe while nursing....
#4 of 7 Old 08-31-2004, 12:55 PM

I am in the same position...I am going to start progesterone cream..where do you get vitex?
Thanks
#5 of 7 Old 08-31-2004, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

I got the vitex at GNC, am taking 500 mg/day along with 100 mg B6 (though now I am reading it is better absorbed in B complex), but I know you can get it at health food stores too. I was only 7.99, I hope it is decent! (standardized extract) I started the vitex and have definitely noticed a difference in my charts, much "prettier," distinct coverline (they looked like an EKG chart before) and my LP is 2 days longer, but I need more time! I jsut ordered the progesterone cream from drugstore.com! GL!
#6 of 7 Old 09-03-2004, 06:37 PM

The month before we conceived I had a 9 day LP so the next month I took 100mg of B6 during my 2ww which must have done something...we're having twins. Good luck!

Jessi

We welcomed our 3rd , 7th September 23, 2010!
#7 of 7 Old 09-04-2004, 01:06 PM

The vitex takes about a month or so to have it's full effect. I know it's hard, but I'd wait a cycle or two and then see how things are going.

Rainbow.gif ~ Molly

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page