lines on ovulation test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-31-2004, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, if you get two lines on an ovulation test kit and one is lighter than the other (but not by much) does that mean you haven't yet ovulated or could it mean you already did and the line pertains to the next cycle coming up? I got two lines this morning, the positive line lighter than the line that is always there, but not by much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2004, 03:38 PM

Well, I know that this baby was concieved on a day when the positive line was lighter than the control line on my opk. (I also had lots of EWCM) I know conception occurred on that day because we hadn't BD'd for about a week before that, and didn't again for another week or so. It is a girl (by the ultrsound), and I tend to think the light line means that my LH levels were increasing towards the surge and ovulation hadn't occurred yet, probably occurred about 2 days later. Plus, by my 20 week ultrasound, it dated the baby at about 4 days smaller than what my weeks would be by LMP, so another reason to make me think the light line meant I hadn't quite ovulated yet and was about to.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Old 08-31-2004, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Basically you caught the beginning of your LH surge - likely if you took one tonight it would be darker than the control line.

So get busy!!! :LOL

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 08-31-2004, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Could it be that my period is close too? Or would you not get two lines at all if you're that late in the cycle? We are getting busy!

User Tag List