Neg after pos test and OPTs as HPTs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

I'm at cd 25 today. My cycles are usually between 28 and 31 days long. I took a test on cd24 (yesterday) and it showed a very faint positive pink line (its the FRED test). I also took a test with an ovulation predictor test b/c someone mentioned on this board that the OPTs recognize HCG as well as LH, because HCG is similar to LH. (Can anyone confirm this?) Anyway, the OPT was positive, and I am definitely WAY past the time of ovulation so there should be no LH in my system right now. So I am taking that as a positive, too. This morning, however, I got up and tested again, thinking I'd get a darker line on an FRED than yesterday. In my slumbery state, I held the stick with the windows facing out instead of towards me, and I got a negative. Now I am out of tests, and will have to wait a few days for the ones I bought online!

SO my main two questions are...
1. Can an ovulation predictor test also show the presence of HCG (i.e. a pregnancy) when used late in the cycle? and

2. Is it possible to get a negative test after a positive test, using the same brand? Could holding the stick wrong affect the outcome of the test?

Of course, time will tell...but I would SO love to be able to say I am pregnant for sure!

Thanks mamas and good luck!

Laurie (35) mama to DS (8) and hopeful that there's a wee one on the way in May!

Laurie wash.gif (44), wife to DH thumb.gif(60), mama to DS guitar.gif (18), DS reading.gif(6), DSD heartbeat.gif(15), and DD (4)jog.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 05:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
unfortunately I have had LOTS of false + w/fred. I hear its common. I even had my 7 yr old take a test & hers came up + ! I guarantee she is not pregnant!

Good luck!

User Tag List