Anyone else ALMOST ready to TTC? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 122 Old 11-18-2004, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know about being the healthiest, but, I try. I still cheat sometimes, for example, it's hard to wean myself of of the processed peanut butter, I know the natural, just peanuts stuff is much better, but, the creamy stuff tastes sooooo good. I eat too much salt, skip breakfast too often, blah blah. I'm sure once we're actually ttc, I'll do better.

Oh, for yeast infections, I haven't had one, thank goodness (I have bladder infections instead!) but my girlfriend gets them unless she takes Acidophillous every day. It's an active "good bacteria" supplement, you can get it at any pharmacy. She swears by it. I take them when I think of it, because it's good for me.

I find that I NEED chocolate when I'm ovulating and just prior to my period. The best way to get it, in my experience, is I buy those huge bars of DARK chocolate. It's the most expensive, but, it has the same "good stuff" that's in Red Wine and it's really strong tasting, so, you can't really eat a lot of it. It satisfies the chocolate need, and it is pretty much self-regulating.

Trinitty.
#62 of 122 Old 11-18-2004, 02:29 PM
jtg

Hi, we are thinking about starting ttc #2 in the next couple of months (the luteal phase is too short right now in my cycles - hopefully in a couple of months it'll be back to normal). It's really exciting! I've been researching nb diapers. We cd our 15 month old, but didn't when she was a nb. I've been taking vitamins and eating healthier. I just got back from the grocery store and realized that we no longer buy many processed foods...we do a lot more cooking at home and making dinners from scratch. that's a good feeling.
#63 of 122 Old 11-18-2004, 09:59 PM

fiddledebi - Thank you! That is just the sweetest thing to say! I would be so happy if we were pleasantly surprised by a short TTC time.

Okay. I am obsessed. Obsessed, I tell you! I want to CD, and I keep reading about CDs, and deciding what I want. I know what type of sling I want. I debate over strollers - do we take the free-but-bulky travel system from my aunt and uncle, or splurge on something lightweight? I peruse ultra-cute websites like Hanna Andersson and Gymboree. I imagine how a co-sleeper will fit into our tiny bedroom.

Basically, I have baby on the brain, and it's driving me crazy! It's hard to think of anything else. Anyone else having this obsession? It certainly makes waiting to TTC more difficult.

...the cuties in my avatar are my wonderful, c-section born, fully vaccinated sweethearts...
#64 of 122 Old 11-19-2004, 10:25 AM

#65 of 122 Old 11-19-2004, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

I'm obsessed, too! I totally related to your posts, Michelle and Jayayenay!

I already have fabric picked out to make a sling, and I don't even know if that will be the most comfortable type of carrier for me! Heck, I don't even know if I will be able to get pregnant! But I agree with you, Jay, that I have learned so much at MDC, it is truly wonderful. I know this is completely ignorant, but I really didn't understand that I should be phasing non-stick and plastic out of my kitchen. I vaguely knew that I shouldn't scratch the non-stick or heat anything in a plastic container, but that's about the extent of what I knew. That's just the tip of the iceburg, as far as what I've learned. I'm so thrilled that this community exists and we can all share information and ideas.

#66 of 122 Old 12-01-2004, 08:12 PM

Just reviving this thread to say that I am obsessed with waiting to TTC... We will probably start TTC in July or August, and I can 't wait. I already have a lot of cloth diapers, baby books, clothes, etc.. scary, I know.

I also am trying to plan around astrological signs. I am an aries and DH is a leo so we want either an aries, leo, gemini, saggitarius or libra (maybe a cancer). Definitely not a taurus, scorpio, capricorn, Aquarius
or Pisces.

It makes it tough, because we basically will have to take every other month off... We'll see if I 'll actuall ybe able to show that much restraint. I will probably just bag it and try every month. But I really would like to avoid some signs...

:LOL
#67 of 122 Old 12-01-2004, 09:15 PM

My husband and I are going to begin TTC on 1/24. In order to get ready, I stopped using my birth control pills this week and we are going to France for two weeks to go skiing!

Can someone suggest things to read about the best times in your cycle to TTC?
#68 of 122 Old 12-02-2004, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I meant to start a year ago. But I am stressed with writing a dissertation (that I am making no progress on) and worry about the stress affecting the fetus. And I haven't been doing everything I want to do for at least 3-4 months before conception (prenates, organic food, no chemicals or caffine). I'm giving a paper at a have a conference in late March and worry 1) about the stress of the conference 2) radiation of the airplane ride affecting fetus.

So it loosk like we'll be waiting until April, but I'll be 34 in April and am VERY stressed about waiting for # 1 that long when I want at very very least 2. What if it takes me years to even get preg?! And I ALSO have these petty worries about my brother beating me (he is first in everything - so let me have the first grandbaby).

I'm a little BTW
#69 of 122 Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
sort of.. we want to put off TTC until the spring, at least.... but the wait is killing me too!

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#70 of 122 Old 12-08-2004, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheWild
I also am trying to plan around astrological signs. I am an aries and DH is a leo so we want either an aries, leo, gemini, saggitarius or libra (maybe a cancer). Definitely not a taurus, scorpio, capricorn, Aquarius or Pisces. :LOL
I am totally lurking, : but just wanted to say that I did plan my pg around the zodiac. I am an Aries and I got a WONDERFUL Virgo daughter. Now I have a Virgo husband too and the combo is quite nice. I agree that the Aries/Scorpio, Aries/Taurus (my X) or Aries/Pisces combo can be deadly

Good luck!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#71 of 122 Old 12-09-2004, 02:35 AM

We are also going to be ttc in accourdance to our dd's sun sign. That will be on March 9th
I am very excited. I am in my early to mid 30's and have been ready for awhile but I need my husband on board as well. He is finally there and we will be ttc very soon. I am happy.
#72 of 122 Old 01-07-2005, 07:43 PM

Me, me! We are almost ready. I have to line up a good midwife BEFORE I get pregnant and get the rest of my wisdom teeth out (Feb. 22). Other than that I am NEARLY ready to get up the duff again. :LOL

Olivia
#73 of 122 Old 01-13-2005, 05:10 AM

Just wanted to chime in here....we will be TTC in June/July which seems so far away but will be here before we know it. I really want a spring baby this time around.
#74 of 122 Old 01-13-2005, 10:05 AM

#75 of 122 Old 01-14-2005, 04:01 PM

Hi there, my dh finally agreed to officially ttc#2 in April of this year. So that's what we'll be doing....if my little "oops" hasn't resulted in pregnancy already, that is. I just had my first ppaf in August 2004 (have been breastfeeding ds since he was born in Feb 2003). I just started taking Vitex in tincture form at the beginning of this cycle. It has already changed my cycle, and I believe it's why I O'ed 4-5 days earlier than I have in the past. Thus the "oops" I mentioned. We dtd on the first day of fertile quality cf, but I was still in my "low fertility" time so we took a chance. I suppose since we are a couple months from ttc we weren't be extremely careful. I think the Vitex is also responsible for my nice high temps after O. By the way, the specific reason I started the Vitex was because my last cycle I had an 8 day lp. So we'll see how my lp goes, I'm on 6dpo today.
April

#76 of 122 Old 01-14-2005, 04:46 PM

h
#77 of 122 Old 01-19-2005, 10:27 PM

Hey!

I'm still here.

DH said we'll have kids within the next three years! Whoo-Hoo! Now I have a time frame to work with .

Speaking of which, I'm late getting out to the gym!

Good to see you're all still here!

Trinitty
#78 of 122 Old 01-28-2005, 06:01 PM

In November I posted to this thread that I was going to start TTC in January. Well, now it's been pushed back till March. My concern in November was about my then 16 month old DD still nightwaking A LOT. This month she still was, so I didn't want to start TTC yet. Finally, after wrestling with the idea for a long time, we decided to nightwean her. I posted about it over in the Nighttime Parenting Forum : http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?p=2588464 .

Now that she's pretty much successfully nightweaned I'm ready to TTC! But we're putting it off till March instead of trying in February because we're going on vacation in March, and I don't want to be in the first trimester then and sick as a dog like I was last time!
#79 of 122 Old 02-05-2005, 07:59 PM

Yay...I love this thread! Dh and I are going to start trying in May. I actually thought there was something wrong with me b/c I've been doing so much reading and research about pregnancy/children...I'm afraid I'm going to scare dh off if I keep bringing up why we need to EBF, why I want to babywear, etc. I wonder if this is the equivalent to the nesting urge before you give you birth--the research urge before you get pregnant.

mamawanabe: I am also working on a slooooooow-moving dissertation right now, but I've decided not to wait (and I actually enjoy working on it--it's the teaching, which I'll stop doing this way, which stresses me out). I actually know of a couple of people whose pregnancies were good motivation to just get the darn thing done!

Good luck everyone.
#80 of 122 Old 02-05-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg

mamawanabe: I am also working on a slooooooow-moving dissertation right now, but I've decided not to wait (and I actually enjoy working on it--it's the teaching, which I'll stop doing this way, which stresses me out). I actually know of a couple of people whose pregnancies were good motivation to just get the darn thing done!
Yes, I am hoping it will help me focus; age-wise I don't have a choice but to start trying this spring. I Want to be well into chapter three by then, but we'll see. Good luck with yours. I'm ambivalent about teaching too. I'm a graduate assistant in the dean's office this year and on certain days I really do miss my teaching persona . . . then I remember all those freshman essays that begin "Since the beginning of time"
#81 of 122 Old 02-06-2005, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawanabe
I'm a graduate assistant in the dean's office this year and on certain days I really do miss my teaching persona . . . then I remember all those freshman essays that begin "Since the beginning of time"
LOL! One of my paper-writing handouts for my students actually includes a warning never to begin a paper with phrases like "Since the beginning of time..." or "Since ancient times..." Glad to see it's not just me!
#82 of 122 Old 02-21-2005, 08:00 AM

I thought I'd come over and say hi!

We're not TTC until December, at the earliest, but I am obsessed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCVeg
Yay...I love this thread! Dh and I are going to start trying in May. I actually thought there was something wrong with me b/c I've been doing so much reading and research about pregnancy/children...I'm afraid I'm going to scare dh off if I keep bringing up why we need to EBF, why I want to babywear, etc. I wonder if this is the equivalent to the nesting urge before you give you birth--the research urge before you get pregnant...
I think it's *great* that we are talking about things like breastfeeding and baby wearing ahead of time with our husbands and partners. I started getting really interested in birth and babies and parenting as soon as we decided to have kids. I figure the more I know, and can share with DP, the healthier and happier our future family will be.

I am a bit active on a more mainstream board, and am amazed at how many women I see who never discussed basic things like where the baby would sleep, how it would be fed, diapered, etc. with their husbands until the kid had arrived! It just seems to set the stage for so much stress.

And everytime we (my DP and I) have a conversation about kids, I feel so blessed to have fallen in love with a man who is totally down with extended breastfeeding and cloth diapering even though we live in an apartment and co sleeping even though the bedroom in that apartment is tiny.

bookworm, are you really 12 minutes pregnant? :LOL Congratualtions!

Good luck to the spring TTCers!

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!
#83 of 122 Old 02-21-2005, 12:08 PM

#84 of 122 Old 02-21-2005, 07:15 PM

Hi all,
We are also getting ready to try but again. This will be number 2. We plan on starting in June. I did EBF for 30 mos and I said when DD self weaned, I wanted 6 months of not bfeeding or being pregnant so that will be up in May/June.
Hopefully I will meet some fo you on prgncy boards later on

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#85 of 122 Old 03-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I had been wanting to start TTC in May, but as May gets closer, I don't think I am ready. DD is still very needy, I am wanting her to be nightweaned before I get pg, and she still nurses several times. Plus there is the fact that I have yet to ever O after dd's birth. Which I take as a sign that my body is not ready yet. Maybe I'll be shooting for the fall instead!

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#86 of 122 Old 03-12-2005, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB8301
I had been wanting to start TTC in May, but as May gets closer, I don't think I am ready. DD is still very needy, I am wanting her to be nightweaned before I get pg, and she still nurses several times. Plus there is the fact that I have yet to ever O after dd's birth. Which I take as a sign that my body is not ready yet. Maybe I'll be shooting for the fall instead!

I can totally relate. When DD was born (may02) we figured in another 2 years we would try again. Well it took at least 18 mos for my O to come back (not that I missed it!) Also DD was nursing still not necessarily at night but would nurse down at night. Well her 2nd bday came and went and she did not self wean until she was at least 2 1/2. I also wanted a 6 mo free time of no pregncy or nursing. So we decided then to put it aside another year and decide then. So now May it is unless any other reason comes up. If you're not ready, then wait. We are sick of people saying- when you going to have another one but we say when we are blessed which includes when we are ready for another one.
The other Amy

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#87 of 122 Old 03-12-2005, 10:34 PM

I'm here with you guys! I plan on starting in September. Right now, I am taking care of my periodontal pockets, oh, and finishing school :LOL

I just got my first pp period when dd was 2 years old, and she nightweaned last week, sowe're getting there!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#88 of 122 Old 03-13-2005, 07:45 PM

Hi everyone,

Dh and I are also almost ready. The last we talked about it, we thought maybe this fall? I'm in grad school and should be walking in May with actual diploma at the end of the summer (after I write my book. Ack!) Of course I'm thinking about applying for post-grad school which would be in fall of '06...not the greatest time to start school either with a babe or pregnant. So I think he and I will discuss it further as I progress with my grad project. The other issue is that although we own a home, we don't live in it and don't particularly want to. But since we'd like to be settled before having a baby, we'd have to sell the house and buy one we'd like to live in. That's a lot to think about and to have to do before TTC. However, DH will be 40 this fall and we don't want to wait too much longer. (I'll be 28.)

Is anyone else negotiating school/living situations as much as I am thinking about it or are you more relaxed about it? (I didn't read pages 2/3 of the thread.)

In the meantime, as you can see from my post count, I'm learning and planning all I can, and trying to be very healthy. I'm also currently on BC pills, so that's obviously an issue since I'll have to stop at some point and don't know how long it will take for my cycle to return to normal.

Early intervention specialist and parent consultant since 2002.
#89 of 122 Old 03-13-2005, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
Hi everyone,

Dh and I are also almost ready. The last we talked about it, we thought maybe this fall? I'm in grad school and should be walking in May with actual diploma at the end of the summer (after I write my book. Ack!) Of course I'm thinking about applying for post-grad school which would be in fall of '06...not the greatest time to start school either with a babe or pregnant. So I think he and I will discuss it further as I progress with my grad project. The other issue is that although we own a home, we don't live in it and don't particularly want to. But since we'd like to be settled before having a baby, we'd have to sell the house and buy one we'd like to live in. That's a lot to think about and to have to do before TTC. However, DH will be 40 this fall and we don't want to wait too much longer. (I'll be 28.)

Is anyone else negotiating school/living situations as much as I am thinking about it or are you more relaxed about it? (I didn't read pages 2/3 of the thread.)

In the meantime, as you can see from my post count, I'm learning and planning all I can, and trying to be very healthy. I'm also currently on BC pills, so that's obviously an issue since I'll have to stop at some point and don't know how long it will take for my cycle to return to normal.
I'm in grad school "planning" my first forever. I have been putting off getting pregnant because I think that the school stress i'm under (writing a diss) could mess with my hormone levels and thus the fetus develpment. But I really really can't put it off any longer (I'll be 34 in April). So I'm doing/not doing everything the OCD inducing book ,Heatlthy Parents Better Babies, says to and charting like mad in prep for a summer coneception (though it stresses me out to think of being pregnant during flu season - I get horribly sick for two weeks every winter . . .)

It all seems so much easier in the movies :LOL
#90 of 122 Old 03-14-2005, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikkuMyy
Is anyone else negotiating school/living situations as much as I am thinking about it or are you more relaxed about it?
Well, you know what they say... If you wait for The Perfect Time to have a baby, you'll never get your baby.

My DP is doing a PhD and I'm working. We live in student housing, and will be moving to yet another student housing location in July/August 06, when hopefully I will be pregnant. DP will finish his PhD in the summer/fall 07 ( : ), and we may stay here or we may move back to the US. I'm hoping to go back to school in the fall of 08. In any case, we're totally not settled and will be living in student housing when our first babe is born (heck, I'm hoping that our babe will be born in our student housing!), but this timing feels right for us, so we're not concerned.

Expat mama to my 7-year-old Halloween boy and my cheeky preschooler, who came before the midwife in January 2010... Gestating a new bean, debuting spring 2014!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page