?'s about charting temps...please help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have read and re-read TCOYF and started charting...the things is, my son doesn't consistantly sleep through the night so my temps are taken at different times of the day. Anywhere from 4:45-8:00 on this chart. So far, most of my temps have been about the same (between 97.3 and 97.7) The day I slept in till 8:30 it was at 98 and I discarded that one...

My question is, with my temps all kind of scattered, will I be able to detect a thermal shift or should I not really bother with the temps until we are sleeping a little better at night? OR should I wake myself up at 4:45 AM regardless so I can take my temp at the same time every day??
#2 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 10:26 PM

Hi!
Personally, I could get up 2 hours early, walk down the hall to potty, check the boys, then return to bed and my temp wouldn't be affected. I have a friend though whose temp was affected in seeing her htermal shoft simply by sitting up and placing her feet on the floor pre-temping. Crazy-eh? ANother way our wonderfull made bodies are unique. Generally, if you can get 3 consecutive hours of sleep then your patterns shouldn't be off enough to throw off the thermal shift- although you *could* always be that one in a hundred. If you're temps aren't that far off with the pattern you've been doing, I wouldn't worry though. That's also where cm comes in though. That's why it's sooo important to rely on all 3 fertility signs. (cm, cp, and temps) Sorry if I missed this info before-- how old is the babe? My best advice with not having pp af yet is to watch your cm like a hawk (it tends to return earlier than cys)and not drive yourself nuts with temping. BUUUUT if you HAVE had pp af- that changes EVERYTHING! sorry fo rramble- nak!
#3 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

DS is 13 months- almost 14 months. I have had 1 PP AF- and that was when I started temping and charting. I KNOW I ovulated because I get "middlesmertz" really sick and crampy and blah...I had 2 previous "AF" but I am sure they were anovulatory spotting because they were light and no cramps. This last one was the mother of all periods. I really thought I was going to bleed to death. :
I guess I'll keep temping this month- watch for the shift and wait for all the other "o" signs...because I get a LOT. I am guessing by the way I am feeling now that I will O between sunday and tuesday...but who knows.
Thank you for your reply. I just needed a pat on the shoulder. :LOL I think next month I'll start getting up at 5 AM every morning so I have a more consistant pattern...because right now I'm just a little confused
#4 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 11:17 PM

The only way you'll know is if you keep temping

The worst thing that can happen is you don't find out yet

That's a pretty close range of temps actually, and you'll probably jump over 98 post o, so I am betting you will know.

Good luck!

Kimberly, just lurking in ttc, NOT TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#5 of 7 Old 11-19-2004, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

OH we aren't TTC quite yet...but I thought this would be a good place to ask. Thanks ladies
#6 of 7 Old 11-20-2004, 01:46 AM

As long as I don't run a marathon as soon as I wake up, the change is minimal no matter what time I wake up (which is never consistent) or what I do directly after I wake. I usually take my temp as I'm changing DD's dipe

Full Time Student & Mommy to 3 princesses! 9/03, 2/07 & 2/07

#7 of 7 Old 11-27-2004, 06:33 PM

For me, as long as I take my temperature immediately upon awakening, what time I take it doesn't matter all that much.

I think it's different for different people, though.

I've never *tried* getting out of bed, going to the bathroom and then taking it again to see about a difference....I do know that when and spend the night with us, my temperatures get all messed up because I can't get 3 consecutive hours of sleep first.

Mommy to eyesroll.gif (age 7) and mischievous.gif (age 3)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page