Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Central, Texas
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
|Breastfeeding doesn't have anything to do with pregnancy tests.|
|* At 14 DPO, the average HCG level is 48 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-119 mIU/ml.
* At 15 DPO, the average HCG level is 59 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-147 mIU/ml.
* At 16 DPO, the average HCG level is 95 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 33-223 mIU/ml.
* At 17 DPO, the average HCG level is 132 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 17-429 mIU/ml.
* At 18 DPO, the average HCG level is 292 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 70-758 mIU/ml.
* At 19 DPO, the average HCG level is 303 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 111-514 mIU/ml.
* At 20 DPO, the average HCG level is 522 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 135-1690 mIU/ml.
* At 21 DPO, the average HCG level is 1061 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 324-4130 mIU/ml.
* At 22 DPO, the average HCG level is 1287 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 185-3279 mIU/ml.
* At 23 DPO, the average HCG level is 2034 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 506-4660 mIU/ml.
* At 24 DPO, the average HCG level is 2637 mIU/ml, with a typical range of 540-10,000 mIU/ml.
HCG levels peak at about eight to 10 weeks of pregnancy and then decline, remaining at lower levels for the rest of the pregnancy. Here is a sample listing of expected HCG levels based on time after conception:
* 0-1 week: 0-50 mIU/ml
* 1-2 weeks: 40-300 mIU/ml
* 3-4 weeks: 500-6,000 mIU/ml
* 1-2 months: 5,000-200,000 mIU/ml
* 2-3 months: 10,000-100,000 mIU/ml
* 2nd trimester: 3,000-50,000 mIU/ml
* 3rd trimester: 1,000-50,000 mIU/ml
|Many mothers wonder whether breastfeeding will affect the reliability of pregnancy tests. It does not -- pregnancy tests measure the amount of the hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in blood or urine, and hCG levels are not affected by breastfeeding. The developing placenta begins releasing hCG upon implantation; a pregnancy can generally be detected with a pregnancy test within 7-14 days after implantation.|
Originally Posted by wasabi
Sorry I just was rereading the post with the stats a bit more and those numbers are very different from anything I've ever read as well. I've never heard that hcg peaks at 120-130 iu/ml at 8 weeks of pg. For one thing having had a beta of 142 at 4w1d my experience totally contradicts that. But there are also published charts of normal ranges of hcg during pg and while it certainly does peak it's in the tens of thousands at that point and though it does drop certainly it doesn't drop to nothing.
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups
I have never heard about HPT not working for breastfeeding moms, but I wanted to explain the discrepency you point out here. 120 IU/mL is the same as 120,000 mIU/mL.
|140 members and 17,368 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , Alyssa Cole Beseris , AMG , badwolf092087 , ballerina85 , bananabee , beep , blessedwithboys , blissful_maia , bluefaery , brusselsmama , campbellsoup , captain optimism , CarrieCo , Catholic Mama , catladymeow , chickabiddy , clar5108 , contactmaya , Crazybean , dahlia810 , Daisy8s , dakinigrrl , daniellebluetoo , DungeonQueen , elliha , Eris , Evelynflower , farmermomma , forestfoster , Fox-fern , funfunkyfantastic , girlspn , grandisp , happyhats , head4thehills , hillymum , ian'smommaya , Incubator , indiana , jaimezee , Janit368 , JayaSky , jazzmom74 , jcdfarmer , jojobean , julyaugust , Kate&Joey , kathymuggle , kindofcrunchy82 , kitchensqueen , kitteh , kosh , Kushali , lightheartedmom , lilmissgiggles , LiLStar , lilyofjudah , Linda on the move , loba , LuaBelle , lulu37688 , mama24-7 , mamabear0314 , MamaChick , mamadance84 , mamamargo , mamamash , mandypandy214 , mariamadly , marmy , mckittre , MDoc , Milk8shake , Mirzam , MissMuffet , moominmamma , mostlysunny , mothersong , MountainMamaGC , MPsSweetie , MrsKoehn , my3beasties , Mylie , MylittleTiger , neemoomommy , Nenya , orangemomma , perstephone , PirateQueen , QueenOfTheMeadow , rainydaywoman , RDGL , RobynHeud , rubelin , s&amommy , samaxtics , SandiMae , sarafl , Scar217 , seap3 , Serafina33 , sewmom , shantimama , Shmootzi , sidrajedi , siennaflower , sofreshsoclean , sortacrispy , Springshowers , sraplayas , ssun5 , StepGirlfriend , Teles , TheBugsMomma , Tiffa , Tigerle , tomsmom31 , TrishWSU , Waterwoman4 , Wild Rose , witchypants , worthy , zebra15 , zoeyzoo|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|