How do you take a picture of your preg test? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some "Is this a line?" advice but can't get any decent picture of the faint faint line I see on the test. I didn't expect to see anything. I'm cd 40 (but my cycle just keeps getting longer) and took the test only as reassurance. And there's a faint faint line (not there at 1 or 2 minutes, but was there at 3 minutes). Test says to read at three. I've been taking 1-2 tests every month as my cycle gets longer, so its kind of a habit to take it on the cd I got my period last month but don't yet have it.

Last few months we've been having unprotected sex after Day 30 of my cycle.
#2 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:00 PM

:

no advice, just curious as to how it turns out!!!!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#3 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well now there IS a line there, but its 20 minutes later and so its not reliable. The test has been sitting under my cupboard in an open box for about 6 weeks (pack of 2). Today would be 10 days from the first unprotected sex this month.

I KNOW the answer is to wait a few days and retest. And that's such great advice to give to OTHER people. But when its you, its like. "WAAA I wanna know NOW"

This would've been better news in about 6 months. Life happens though.
#4 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:09 PM

I'm lurking around today and saw this post and I wanna know! Take another test!!!
#5 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

:LOL

Figures the day I'd run into you over here would be TODAY . You can bet your buns I'll be taking another test, but that was the 2nd of that pack of 2. And I am actually BOOKED SOLID tomorrow. Trip to lincoln right off the bat for ortho appt for oldest daughter, then bday shopping for my youngest daughter, then dog obedience class at 6 pm. ACK!.

Now the question becomes, do I tell the dh that I got what could possibly be interpreted as a positive preg test, or just wait until the second test? I'm not so hot at secrets.

Do I manufacture a reason to run out to the store tonight?
#6 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:38 PM

#7 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:50 PM

I can't answer your question, but if you had a faint line today, and you ARE pregnant, you should have a clear line tomorrow. I vote for manufacturing a reason to go to the store. By the way, my friend got a test at the local dollar store. It was the pee in the cup then drip on the test kind, but it really was only $1. Good luck!!!
#8 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 07:52 PM

I agree with Jayayenay. I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret either, so I definitely think a trip to the store is in order.

Quote:

Figures the day I'd run into you over here would be TODAY
:LOL I know...I have that sort of guilty, kind of like what it must feel like to be a stalker feeling going on.....I dunno, do stalkers feel guilty?

I can imagine your range of emotions, though. With my current whacked out cycles, I usually have a week of panic, followed by a moment of relief, and then a wave of disappointment. I can't imagine throwing a maybe test into that mix.
#9 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadonna
I agree with Jayayenay. I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret either, so I definitely think a trip to the store is in order.

:LOL I know...I have that sort of guilty, kind of like what it must feel like to be a stalker feeling going on.....I dunno, do stalkers feel guilty?

I can imagine your range of emotions, though. With my current whacked out cycles, I usually have a week of panic, followed by a moment of relief, and then a wave of disappointment. I can't imagine throwing a maybe test into that mix.
That is EXACTLY what the last three cycles have been like for me.

And you aren't a stalker, you are an "interested party.". Just be glad you aren't an "individual of interest." :LOL

And I've already manufactured a reason why I must run to the store. My oldest daughter does actually need a few things for her cooking project.. ON THURSDAY.
#10 of 16 Old 05-16-2005, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Well I have purchased another 2 pack and warned the DH that the period is "late". That gives him some warning/time to get used to it without making him panic (since he knows nothing about evaporation lines, days DPO, hcg and how much is measured, etc.) Basically, he's NORMAL :LOL

I shall test tomorrow morning before my daughters ortho appt and report (need a saluting smiley). Unless AF makes her appearance. I am really crampy.
#11 of 16 Old 05-17-2005, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Well I can't say i feel more certain either way. Took another test, same brand, Equate 2 pack, and there is just the barest of the faintest lines. You can't see it from 2 feet away. At about 18 inches you can see just the faintest hint of a line, lighter than yesterday afternoon's test. Yesterday I poas. Today I piac and dipped the stick.

So I still don't really feel like I know. Always in the past when pregnant I've gotten a nice, unmistakeable line. However, in February and in April (the last two times I've gone through this silliness) I also used the Equate test and there was not even a hint of a line. Nothing. Nada. I examined with a piercing glare and there was no hint, no shadow.

I've decided, however, to not drink or take allergy meds, and to take a multivitamin, just in case. If I can stand to wait that long, I'll test Thursday. Knowing myself, it will be tomorrow morning.

Wish I felt more definitive, one way or another. Today is CD 41. And 11 days after unprotected sex.
#12 of 16 Old 05-17-2005, 09:37 AM

My line experience has been if it is a line, it's a line. I have peed on TONS of sticks (I have PCOS and am paranoid) and have NEVER gotten a line, smudge, faint or otherwise until this last time () I tested with a $1 test which needs a higher amount of HcG than than some of the fancy brands. That test was lightlightlight. I needed to take another one to reassure myself. Even if it is faint, I would suggest it is a line
#13 of 16 Old 05-17-2005, 09:38 AM

Gethane- I'd say quiet congrats are in order! I used Equate at 10 dpo this time and it also took about 3 minutes to come up with a faint line, and now 8 months later I still have the test and dh still debates on if it was actually a positive or not. I'd say the huge moving belly is a pretty good sign it was positive :LOL
#14 of 16 Old 05-17-2005, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks Emily and MT3G. I KNOW what you are saying is true. I've said the same thing in the past to others. But its just not real yet. I need a darker line

Before November, the only times I'd POAS, with one exception, I was pregnant. Now, with my periods getting longer every month (see another post here in Fertility) I've become a POAS queen, rivaling the best. :LOL
#15 of 16 Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

After third faint, but visible line, I guess I'm going to have to try convincing myself that I am pregnant. I don't feel pregnant at all. But unless we had a condom failure, there's no way I can be more than 12 days since conception. (seriously though, for crying out loud, who ovulates on day 30? damn) I didn't find out with 2 of my kids til 5+ weeks, and the other 2 I found out at 4+ and with all of them I had already had a week of extreme fatigue (going to bed at 9 instead of midnight for example).

I so seriously don't feel pregnant. Maybe I'm in denial. Any month would've been a bit better than this one I think.

Maybe I need a different brand of pg test. I need something other than a faint line

Oh, hey, and check it out. I saved my 1000th post so this could be my 1000th . Now on to a senior title... Hmmm...
#16 of 16 Old 05-18-2005, 04:28 PM

1000 posts...what a nice number

I guess I will save my real congratulations until you really know / feel for sure. It sounds like you've just caught it earlier than any of your other pregnancies, thus the faint line and lack of feeling anything.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page