yet ANOTHER cervical fluid question... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-16-2005, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, this is weird, but riddle me this....

why is it that sometimes around when I ovulate I don't really notice any EWCM unless I have a bowel movement? I know Toni Weschler talks about bms and more noticeable EWCM, but is it still fertile if that's the only time I'm noticing it? I'd like to think it's because I'm breastfeeding and am probably less moist as a result. Everything feels full and a bit swollen otherwise, so I'm guessing I'm fertile, but I'm just wondering also what sort of a chance dh's spermies have if it's really mostly just kind of watery/sticky-ish...

Well, the luteal waiting game begins again

Thanks.
#2 of 6 Old 06-17-2005, 02:10 PM

If its fertile, its fertile, because the sperm will be deposited further up in there, where there is more CM. You may be a little less fertile due to nurseing- heaven knows it made me less fertile, but that's a person to person thing and really hard to guess. Hope this helps.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 6 Old 06-18-2005, 02:59 AM

For *many* ladies the best time to notice fertile mucus is after a BM... it kind of pushes the mucus down and out... its very common that this might be the only time you notice it. But as the pp said, fertile mucus is fertile mucus, regardless if you see it only once a day or every time you pee...
take care
#4 of 6 Old 06-18-2005, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the replies. My chart is looking like I did ovulate, so I guess the hard part is just waiting for my luteal phase to come and go. I just wish I knew how much bfing a 20 month old affects my fertility....

Here's to : !
#5 of 6 Old 06-21-2005, 12:17 AM

I think breastfeeding mainly affects 1. whether you ovulate and 2. how long your LP is. These effects vary woman-to-woman. For example, I didn't ovulate until DD was 26.5 months old and I got my first period 11 days later. I was on the very late side of returning fertility but my LP was long enough not to be a problem when we conceived a few weeks later. If you're ovulating and your LP is decent, I'm not sure that breastfeeding typically affects fertility otherwise. Again, everyone is different, though.

FWIW, I had "fertile" CF for 9 months before actually ovulating!!

Good luck!
#6 of 6 Old 07-15-2005, 04:35 AM

cm can be greatly affected by diet, weather, stress among other things. It can also not exit as much, exit with urine, or "gush" out after a bm. guaifenesin can increase sm greatly and can be found these days in a tablet instead of the yucky tasting syrup. i don't know you but i will say that by the time you see cm you have most likely already o'd. tracking your cervix is the best way to be sure exactly when you o and when to ttc because when the body o's the cervical os opens like a mouth to receive the sperm, the cm runs out the os like a tiny river, this can happen anywhere from hours after a positive opk test to up to 5 days after a positive opk test which is why it can be so hard to figure out when you do and why tracking your cervix is the most reliable way to know.

i hope that helps some, if not i apologize and wish you much luck

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page