Question about mucus and spotting... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2005, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I've been on depo and should have gotten my next shot two weeks ago but decided the stuff shouldn't even be on the market so I didn't get it. They say that usually it takes a few months before your body goes back to normal. Well last monday I was bloated, tired, achey, and I had some spotting. That all lasted just a few hours. I thought maybe I had ovulated. We're trying not to get pregnant for another year. well about four days ago, I had 1" streachy ewcm, and we had sex that day (with no condom). I didn't think about it cause I thought I already ovulated... but that was fertile mucus. I had some spotting that day and the next (very light). so my question is, can you have ewcm when you aren't ovulating? I had that wet sensation for a few days around that ewcm. could that have been when I really ovulated or do you think my harmones are just wacky? I don't have any more charting info cause i was going to wait till I got my period to start.
Mother Whimsey
ps- I'm also still breastfeeding a toddler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2005, 03:04 AM

Yes, sometimes if you're having an anov cycle you'll get EWCM a few times between periods.

I've heard some really scary things about Depo.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:25 AM

I wouldn't bet on it being a pregnancy, even though you could be one of those odd cases that depo doesn't stop.

I've been off Depo for a year (god I wish the 30 or so people that I've had inject me had warned me about the infertility possibilities) and as far as I know I'm not pregnant yet (although keep an eye on my posts in The One Thread to find out). I would just bet on it being your body getting used to not having that stuff injected anymore, as it took me a good 6 months to even get my cycle back to normal.

I agree with you about not being on it anymore though, but now I'm wondering just what in the hell I'm going to use for BC once I have my first. : Good luck with normaling out again though.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:53 PM

I agree with Eileen. It's unlikely that your fertility has returned already. Depo is very invasive, and it will take at least a few months for your cycles to return to normal. Like Eileen, my cycles didn't regulate for about 6 months when I came off of Depo, and for many people it can take longer. Your hormones are going to take a while to get back to normalcy, especially since you're also BFing.

It's great that you're planning on charting -- I swear by it! It was quite obvious that the first few cycles post-Depo were pretty when I saw my temps were all over the place and my CF seemed to have no particular pattern. But each cycle, charting actually enabled me to see my hormone levels returning to a balance. It was fascinating!

You were smart to stop the Depo when you did so you could give yourself a good year to let your cycle work itself out.

My best to you!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

User Tag List