vasectomy question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-18-2005, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've seen a couple of posts about the after-effects of getting your tubes tied, seems as if it can really mess with a woman's body. And I'm wondering if there are similar after-effects of a vasectomy, if it has physical ramifications other than on fertility.

(As a side note, dh and I are trying for our 3rd and last child, haven't even talked about what we'll do afterwards. I'm not keen on getting my tubes tied because that's serious surgery (and don't want the after-effects), and doubt he'll want to get his tube tied either. But in case he actually suggests it (ha!) or thinks it's a good idea, I'd like to know ahead of time why he might not want to do it, if there are any reasons (other than recovery). I won't do bcp anymore (for numerous reasons) and am less than fond of condoms, so we'd have to follow FAM . . . though I don't know how much faith he'll have in it. He's more likely to trust barrier methods.)

Anybody have any info or experience in this?

Thanks,
jen

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#2 of 2 Old 08-22-2005, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't have any personal experience with this but I have *heard* a few things. One is that the men are more prone to immune disorders as the bodys immune system is continually fighting with the sperm that are not leaving. This makes sense to me as their bodies don't stop making them and they are not meant to be swimming in their own bodies. But I believe the risks for men are far less than the risks for women. Personally when we are done we will be practising FAM. Hope you fine the information that you need to make this decision.

Mom to 6 with #7 on the way Sept 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page