12 days late and neg test - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-22-2005, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello.....
I guess my question is how long after a missed period could you still get a negative result? I am 12 days late with some possible symptoms but tested two and 4 days ago and got BFN. Maybe my symptoms are pent up PMS?

Lori,
partner to Danny
mom to Dylan 12 , Dale, 8 , Amber 6 , Jaiden 22 : months, and Charlie 6 months :
#2 of 5 Old 08-23-2005, 02:39 AM

B"H

i don't have an answer for you, I will add to your question as it's similar...
i had my last period two months ago, it is not uncommon for me to get it after 5-6 weeks, but 8 weeks is a lot. I took 3 home pregnancy tests each a few days a part and they came out negative...time to take a blood test you think? this would be my fourth pregnancy, the first one after a miscarriage I had earlier this year.
#3 of 5 Old 08-25-2005, 01:42 PM

Do you know when you ovulated? It's possible that if it was considerably later than usual you would not yet have started af. Otherwise, it might be time to get a blood test.

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White
#4 of 5 Old 08-26-2005, 04:50 AM

B"H

well I did take a blood test which came out negative my midwife said it could be the bfing factor kicking in again, my 22 month old dd has been nursing frequently again so that may just be it. but boy do i really want to be preggo again, i guess will have to scale down on the nursing, but she doesn't let!
#5 of 5 Old 08-29-2005, 05:34 PM

Hugs to you, mama! I'm sorry your test didn't come out the way you hoped. Enjoy the time you have with your nursling at your breast. She's still benefitting so much by your loving nourishment , and she really won't be doing this forever. I know how disappointing it can be though to think "maybe, maybe" and then have it not be true, so one more big hug your way.

Blessings,
Aron

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." â E.B. White

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page