Confused about what my body's telling me... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-24-2005, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't had a period in 2 years and 2 months, I'm still breastfeeding a lot, and I got off depo four months ago. Several times since getting off the depo I've felt like I was going to start AF, but never did. Tonight I've been a total b@#$*, I have some cramping; but I also have clear cm. it's not a whole lot, but after breastfeeding for a year and a half, it's a lot for me. I have noticed a big increase in cm lately and think this is returning fertility. but with the creamy and clear cm, would that mean I'm just ovulating or could it be preceeding AF. cause if it's ovulation, I'm never going to get pregnant again, cause I would much rather rip dh's head off than sleep with him right now. Plus I have never had cramps with my period (except the first time) and never get grouchy (I'm far beyond that) before AF either, can you change that drastically after birth, and will I go back to how I normally was?
#2 of 4 Old 09-26-2005, 04:20 PM

Hi, Courey --

I can address the Depo side of this equation, but not the PPAF side (as I don't have children yet), unforunately.

Although BFing is going to affect your hormone levels unto itself, coming off of Depo will really wreak havoc on your levels, too. I was on Depo for about two years, and it took me six months to get AF once I came off of it. For some women, it takes much longer (and this is why I don't recommend Depo to women who are hoping to get pregnant: it can take an inordinate amount of time for it to leave your body and for your body to get back to a state of normalcy).

Is your CM stretchy and egg-white-like? EIther way, I would treat the cramping and clear CM as fertile. It may very well be that your body is trying to O.

Sorry I can't be of more help, other than to confirm that, yes, Depo/coming off of Depo can create dramatic swings in your hormone levels. It's very likely that once your cycle starts re-regulating and your levels come into balance, you won't experience the extreme emotional swings, as well.

I wish you the best!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#3 of 4 Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 PM

I hope this doesn't scare you, but you may want to take a preg test just to rule it out. I had quite a bit of cramping, moodiness, and clear mucus around 4-5 wks pregnant.
#4 of 4 Old 10-13-2005, 10:19 AM

A easy way to tell if your fertile is the fertile scope. It shows a ferning pattern. You just lick the scope every morningwhen you get up and look into it and if ots ferning your ovulating. I used it for a long time.
Lynda

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page