Crazy temperatures? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-01-2005, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've just started charting and so far (a week into it) my temperatures aren't consistent. They've ranged from 97.2-97.8. Now that may not look like much, but when you go to line them up on the chart, I get a zig-zag line.
How am I supposed to be accurate with my charting if my temperatures differ? Will they eventually stabilize?

Thanks

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#2 of 6 Old 10-02-2005, 05:03 PM

It will vary and continue to be pretty zig-zaggy. You should see a pre- and post-ovulation trend after you graph it though. If you don't then you may be having inovulatory cycles or have a hormone imbalance. (My SIL ovulated but never had a temp rise because her body only produced about 25% of the progesterone it should have.)
#3 of 6 Old 10-02-2005, 10:29 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, those are not huge variations, and like pp said, chances are you'll still see a clear pattern with ovulation. Chances are that your post-ovulation temps will be something like 98.0-98.6, so you'll still be able to tell.

mama to my August boys ('03 & '06) trying to figure out what to do after 5 losses
#4 of 6 Old 10-04-2005, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

I guess I got worried because in TCOYF the charts look so neat and constant. Most of them were no zig-zaggy.
I hope this charting thing goes right. I have a feeling I have a hormonal imbalance which could lead to some pretty confusing completed charts...

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#5 of 6 Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 PM

After a couple of cycles, you'll pick up on your signals easily. I've never had the patience to take my temp but can always tell at least 7 days prior to ovulation and can pinpoint my ovulation within 6 hrs based on cervical fluid. My cycles are irregular--anywhere from 4 wks to 7 months--but I ALWAYS know exactly what day my period will start because it's ALWAYS 14 days after I ovulate. It's so nice to be that in tune with your body.

If you don't mind me asking, what hormone problems are you dealing with? I ask because I've obviously had hormone problems myself. I have adrenal fatigue which also affect estrogen/progesterone ratio and am hypothyroid. It seemed like my cycles were more reg just prior to preg when I was on a higher dose of thyroid so am hoping they will be reg after it returns.
#6 of 6 Old 10-12-2005, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2be
I've just started charting and so far (a week into it) my temperatures aren't consistent. They've ranged from 97.2-97.8. Now that may not look like much, but when you go to line them up on the chart, I get a zig-zag line.
How am I supposed to be accurate with my charting if my temperatures differ? Will they eventually stabilize?

Thanks
I had somewhat bouncy temps for a while when I first started charting temps. What helped was wearing an eye mask at night that blocked out all the light while sleeping. Sounds strange, but it works!

--Jessica

--Jessica

Mom to Dom age 11, Joe age 7, and baby Maddie. love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page