ttc without a period - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-06-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fyi: im not ttc at the moment (hopefully we can start for #2 in the next 6 months).

lucien is a year old and i still havent had my period yet. im taking micronor right now and im wondering whats going to happen when i stop taking it. if i dont get my period, am i still ovulating? (i "know" you can get pregnant any time but i dont know how much is scare tactic by my obgyn or if i really im "unfertile" right now even without the birth control.) and to be honest, im rather lazy at taking it - we have sex maybe 2 a week - but i havent seen any signs of ovulation (fertile mucus, soft cervix etc.)

if, in 6 months, we start and i havent gotten my period, am i going to have to "induce" menstruation/ovulation or do we just start gettin' it on.

edit: if i dont get a period, how will i know the conception date? do i just test every week to get a rough estimate?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2005, 05:55 PM

Many questions with many answers....

Here's my story: DS is 28 months and still no sign of AF. I have been taking vitex, DS has been night weaned and his is own bed for almost a month now (totally his choice). Depending on the day, he might nurse not at all, or we might lay on the couch and nurse all day. My MW has told me I might just be one of those mama's that wont get a period til he completely weans. And even then I might need some sort of help, like provera to get a period back. I could ovulate before this period, or I could not ovulate before. At least that is what I am being told. I do take a preg test at least once a month, as I am a bit parnoid about having a drink while preg. I *think* I would know if I was, I had a lot of early signs etc. But, I guess you would have to find your comfort level. And from bloodwork they can guess somewhat how far you are, but, if your seeing a doc, they would want to ultrasound you to know for sure.

Do you know what they would induce you with? From what they are telling me, there is nothing they could do while I was still nursing - any one know any different??

Guess I really dont have too many answers, but just a story...sorry
Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocyte
Do you know what they would induce you with? From what they are telling me, there is nothing they could do while I was still nursing - any one know any different??
i think i remember seeing something on the boob_nazis lj community about a gal that was taking something so she could start ttc but i think she was still nursing.

right now im "just dreaming" so i havent talked to anyone yet - jeremy needs a job/health insurance.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:50 PM

If you've tracked fertility signals prior to your pregnancy, you should know when your body is becoming fertile again. If there aren't signs of fertility, I wouldn't waste money on preg tests.

User Tag List