Any ideas about this bizarre cycle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-22-2005, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went back on the pill after weaning dd and that was May 15. I had some spotting a week later, then a short af in June. July had 14 days total of af, both with spotting and heavier. August was 8 days total. September was 12 days total. Then in Oct. I spotted for 2 days, and now in Nov. I've barely spotted for 3 days. I have always been regular, and the pill is not making me reg. at this point in time.

I just took 2 EPT Certainty tests, one in dh's office bathroom and I had no idea that the technology had changed in the past 3 years, so I didn't use the digital reader. The second one at home said to see the manual, which said that I should take another test. (Good thing I waited to get a 3 pack at Costco...) I don't want to take the 3rd test yet, however, since I have no idea why it wouldn't read, and so came to MDC to find out some info.

As for other pg symptoms, not many. Lower back pain. My poochy belly has puffed up considerably in the past few days. I did have some nausea around Halloween, but thought it was for some other reason. I have been teary all the time for the past week, but that's about it. No tenderness, no more nausea, no abnormal needs to pee...

Obviously, since I'm on the pill, we are waiting for later to have more kids, if at all. Still, there's a part of me which believes that I could be pregnant, and is wistful for the possibility. Can you have a period that lasts for 9 days, about 9 days after conceiving? This is driving me batty. I would be upset to be one of the .07% who get pregnant while on the pill. My husband would flip out if I was pg at this juncture-- part of the reason we're waiting is due to his health problems and due to the fact that we need to concert all of our efforts to build on to our house.

I guess I'll simply retest in the morning, with my one remaining test.
#2 of 3 Old 11-22-2005, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

EPT Certainty this morning said so. While it is a relief, mostly because of the unknowns (to me) of what taking the pill while pregnant could do, I'm going to see my ob next week and get off this crazy medicine. The pill worked fine for me for many years, this same one, but I guess motherhood changes every body to some degree.
#3 of 3 Old 12-02-2005, 04:49 PM

I hope you are feeling better. Hormones are weird things!

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page