Problems with stopping the pill - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-30-2005, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I stopped the pill in mid September after being on it for two years. Since then, I've started getting pretty bad acne. It's not getting better, but worse. Each week that passes brings more and more. And (this is so embarrassing) it's not just on my face....but my back and chest as well! I can't even wear low-cut shirts, or dresses...: It's worse than when I had it in high school.

So my question is...

I'm guessing that this all has to do with hormones. So what hormone am I lacking or getting too much of? I was on Desogen. How can I regulate my hormones or get the same effects that I did while on Desogen?
I've tried Evening Primrose oil, but didn't see any noticeable difference. Is there anything else out there?

Thanks everyone

Mama to DD 06' Partner to Sasa
#2 of 2 Old 12-02-2005, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had hormonal based acne recently, and I still don't know what hormone was the problem. I ended up seeing my MD and she perscribed a face cream wiht a low dose of antibiotic that helped clear it up. I've been ttc for a while now, so my OB is doing blood work to check my hormone levels.

I wish I had better advice. I do know there are a lot of mom's here who take a variety of herbs to help balance hormones such as: Vitex, red raspberry leaf, and vitamins like B6. I think finding which one works for you is a trial and error thing though.

Good Luck!
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page