am i pregnant? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-12-2005, 12:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am too anxious to know if I am pregnant....

I am supposed to start my period in three days, however, I took an early pregnancy test two days ago-negative!

However, two weeks ago I have been experiencing the following-which all happened in my first pregnancy:

-soreness in breasts-OUCH!
-bloating
-back aching
-lots of gas (how embarrasing!)
-cravings for certain food - tomatoes! (my first pregnancy never had a craving for anything in particular! Just food!)

Could I be pregnant and just in the early stage?
Heather
#2 of 8 Old 12-14-2005, 04:30 PM

Good luck to you!

It often seems so hard to tell pre-AF symptoms from some early pregnancy symptoms. I was in the same boat last month. We're not TTC, so I was relieved to get AF, but I researched all the strange symptoms I was having, and many of them had as much chance of being early preg signs as AF signs.

It can be very confusing, unfortunately.

My best to you!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

#3 of 8 Old 12-14-2005, 04:43 PM

hpienkos, I am in the same boat as you. I have one more day to wait for AF before I am officially late. I took the test yesterday, negative. I am just gonna lay low and wait.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#4 of 8 Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Well, I didn't have to lay low for too long. I started late yesterday. I am so glad my AF only lasts 4 days. I DESPISE IT!!!!

#5 of 8 Old 12-16-2005, 07:22 PM

(((hugs))) mama!

Glad AF doesn't last too long!
#6 of 8 Old 12-19-2005, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Well, you guys were right, I am not pregnant, however I think I had a miscarraige, because the day before I was supposed to start my period, I had a faint line on my pregnancy test, so I thought maybe I was in early stage of pregnancy, then not until 5 days after that I started my period, very heavily, lots of cramping, lots of blood clots and very heavy period. Which is not normal of me. Took the pregnancy test again, turns out negative. I don't know if it was a miscarriage or not. But I so despise my period that I was in a bad mood all week and depressed too. I am trying not to be, I know I have a beautiful daughter now, but dag gone it, why is it taking longer with this one? We have been trying for 5 months. I know it really isn't long compared to others, but for the first one it only took the first try!
#7 of 8 Old 12-23-2005, 12:04 PM

Waiting for O should be in the next day or so.

#8 of 8 Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 PM

Well, I don't know if I O'd or not. Seems like I might have but I did those OPKs and because I don't have a set cycle (23-28 days) I started testing on cd 9 and never got a LH surge. SO either I O'd before the test, didn't O at all or got PG because we were doing some serious Baby Dancing prior to day 9. I guess no matter what I get to play the waiting game with you all again. LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page