20 week loss. The story continues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-13-2005, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quick update. I posted a thread in TTC a couple weeks ago about the loss of my baby girl. It was traumatic to say the least. Ray and I were just starting to get back on our feet. Last wed. I was at work and my bleeding picked up. I ran to the bathroom a few times to check and it was like a heavy period. Then I had a huge gush of blood. I had one of the nurses I work with go get the attending doctor who happened to be the doctor that was there for my induction. I ended up bleeding through the pad I had on and my cloths while I waited for the doctor to come in. I bled down my legs and into my shoes!! She told me I had retained placenta and was hemorrhaging. Great!! Like I haven't been through enough!! I had to go right to the hospital for an emergency d&c. I lost almost 2 liters of blood and almost had to have a transfusion.

I cannot believe my luck the last few weeks. I am recovering I guess. I don't think I can handle much more!!!

Anyway, that's my latest update. Hopefully I won't have any more to report for a while.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2005, 01:46 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:20 PM

Zion, I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine how difficult this has been for you and your husband. And then dealing with this other health scare on top of that ... oh, mama. I am so sorry.

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

Old 12-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Chris,

Are you ok? Are you any better? I hardly ever come to this area, so I just happened to see your post today.

I'm so sorry you have to endure all of this on top of the trauma of the loss. I hope that your recovery from this point is completely smooth.

ps: did you get my card?

celeste terra, single wohm to twin toddler boys max and shoghi. bamboo village press

User Tag List