Forum Jump: 

Old 03-29-2006, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan1097
CONGRATS!!

I had cramping before I got a too with all 3 of mine. My first, I thought my period would start any minute, but it didn't- like you.
Thanks!

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2006, 06:29 AM

I am feeling really stuffy and congested, but I have no fever and don't really feel sick. My dh thinks that I have allergies and they're acting up, but I've never had allergies before and the antihistamine(sp?) isn't helping. I've also had a major eruption of cold sores which happened when I was early in my pregnancy with my dd. I haven't had AF since November 17, 2003 so I have no idea at what point, if at all, I am in my cycle. I've been on the mini-pill but admitedly I was careless with taking them everyday. I had several days of creamy and then EWCM last week.

I don't want to say this would be unplanned, because we always wanted more children, but this one is ahead of schedule. I'm kind of worried.

Heather Mike Married 8/1/99 Mom to Charlotte Aug 04, Nov 06, and Katherine Oct 07
Old 04-05-2006, 11:14 PM

I finally found it!! This particular thread that is. I posted a long time ago then couldn't remember where it was in MotheringDotCommune! It was late and I was tired.

Not expecting too much this cycle. Life has been too crazy but I'll be SOOO excited if "something" did happen!!

Going to test on the 15th (don't feel bad 'cause I got the internet cheapies...yay!) so we shall see!

Congrats to all the BFP!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:15 PM

Hi

I'm new to the Mothering community. I hope you don't mind if I jump in. I'm freaking out a little bit and don't feel comfy talking to anyone IRL about this. I'm part of another online, parenting community but one of our members just suffered a very painful loss and I don't want to intensify her pain with my concerns.

I'd love feedback if anyone has some to offer!

My toddler still nurses quite frequently during the night and I have not yet had a cycle since he was born so I really don't know if (or when) I ovulated. I can tell you though that DH and I had wedding anniversary sex twice last weekend. So, for the sake of listing my symptoms, I'm going to use Saturday the 8th as an ovulation date. I tested yesterday and it was negative which isn't a surprise. Here's a basic list of symptoms. What do you think??? Too early for these symptoms?

fatigue 2 dpo
extremely sore bbs 7 dpo
heartburn 7 dpo
frequent urination 5 dpo
crazy dreams 7 dpo
rib pain 4 dpo
round ligament pain (severe) 7 dpo
skin eruptions 5 dpo
headaches 8 dpo
Old 04-18-2006, 03:56 PM

I'm not pg right now, but I might be soon. If I read my chart right, dh and I bded during the right times. I can't tell by my chart if I'm ovulating now or not... Feel free to look and tell me what you think! I'll take the hpt in a couple weeks... if I don't go crazy first!
Kristi

Kristi wife to Mal , mom to Ziva (4/07) (3/08) Aliyah (1/09) and somebody new (edd 11/10). I
Old 04-20-2006, 06:06 PM

I need to add a few more symptoms to my list

~dizziness
~clumsiness
~the feeling that there's food stuck in my throat
~feeling hot when the rest of the family is comfortable
~waking up hungry in the middle of the night
~twinges in my ovaries
~very mild cramping (only once)

Also, the fatigue, heartburn and frequent urination have persisted but my breasts are no longer nearly as sore (hardly sore at all actually).

I wonder if I'm imagining these symptoms because I'm freaking out (not testing again until Sunday or Monday).
Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 AM

Last month I was SURE I was preg. b/c I was SO tired all the time and just feeling *weird*..... But I wasn't. Now this week, Sunday night I had some bleeding, and that's it! It's been 5 whole days w/ nothing. I usually have some bleeding for a day, 2-3 days of nothing, and then a period for a week. Such a weird cycle, and haven't found any info to help me understand it yet. And I'm not responsible enough to chart...

Anyway, I'm waiting it out to see if I'm preg. I totally doubt it, but who knows. I've had heartburn ALL DAY and I have no reason to, and I've been sleepy, but that's nothing new!

I'll keep in touch!
Old 04-22-2006, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJean
Last month I was SURE I was preg. b/c I was SO tired all the time and just feeling *weird*..... But I wasn't. Now this week, Sunday night I had some bleeding, and that's it! It's been 5 whole days w/ nothing. I usually have some bleeding for a day, 2-3 days of nothing, and then a period for a week. Such a weird cycle, and haven't found any info to help me understand it yet. And I'm not responsible enough to chart...

Anyway, I'm waiting it out to see if I'm preg. I totally doubt it, but who knows. I've had heartburn ALL DAY and I have no reason to, and I've been sleepy, but that's nothing new!

I'll keep in touch!
Well, I'm officially NOT pregnant! We went to dinner and in the bathroom I exclaimed "Awesome!" or something like that--glad I was alone! This has been a weird cycle..... But mine is always strange, so I need to get used to it!

ETA--when I was 13, my mom never told me there would be times I'd be HAPPY to get my period! I wouldn't have belived her anyway....
Old 04-22-2006, 05:32 PM

I'm another maybe here Glad to find this thread! I donated a kidney to my Dad in February and we aren't "suppose" to TTC until June. I'm not sure if I will be able to see my midwives if I am PG because I might be labeled "high risk." All very "might" because my surgeon approved PG after 6 weeks, the midwives were iffy but probably OK because I am well and my sole kidney is doin' fine! Anyway, I was on the pill from January to three weeks ago. I stopped with a week to go in my pack because I was impatient to return my cycle to normal and to get ready to TTC. The week I stopped my pack I missed two pills, one night was the night we DTD. I had some very, very light spotting (I did with DD's pregnancy as well) and I have had some cramping. I have no premenstural symptoms but no pregnancy symptoms either. I have not had a period since stopping my pill pack, which is now two weeks "late," according to the pack schedule (I am usually 33 days or so). I took a test this morning and it was negative. I am at a total loss. I "feel" that full-pregnancy-abdomen feeling that I had with DD and with my m/c in November. Both times it was my first symptom. My head is telling me my period is just all wonky from going off the pill but my heart is hoping I am PG now I'll keep you all posted!

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

stork-suprise.gif expecting the surprise of our lives Fall 2012!

Old 04-23-2006, 03:37 PM

Good luck to everyone as far as getting the outcome you want! I very much doubt that I am pregnant, but we used the withdrawal method a couple of times during the past few days and I think it might have been a risky time, so I will be waiting to see if anything comes of it. I doubt it given my age and the fact that he did pull out, but given the timing I feel like I am in a bit of a wait and see. we have been pretty fertile in our past endeavors, both times we stopped using bc I got pregnant the first month. I think I would like a third, maybe next year if planned, so this would be a little early but not unwanted, so I guess either way would be fine.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:40 PM

Anyone have this? Tomorrow, Monday, will be day 60 since my last period. Although my cycle isn't always that reliable, it has been a long. long time since my period has come this late. Although the chances of my being pregnant were relatively slim I, nevertheless, took a test last Thursday -- which was negative. However -- despite some cramping Saturday, I still have yet to get my period AND last night my husband and I had sex without taking any precautions. Immediately afterwards, I had some bleeding and thought -- okay, my period is finally starting -- but today -- nothing. ???? Even when my cycle seems relatively strange, I can usually tell when I'm ovulating, but now I'm utterly confused. Should I take another test? Should I wait another 14 days or so before taking another test? Should I call my ob/gyn to see if there is something else going on? I've never had post-coital bleeding before. Any ideas?
Old 04-24-2006, 01:25 PM

Ok - Here's my story!!! Bare with me on the first part - its pretty hookey, but I am a new-agey hippy type and really dig all this stuff!

Right after AF started on March 28th - I felt like I wanted another child. I really had a strong, strong desire to get pg again. Dh wasn't down with it - he sometimes acts like maybe he would like it, but then does a 360 on me. During the pre-O phase - werid things started happening. I would walk by lightbulbs and they would blow up or turn on (FREAKY!!!) My cell phone started acting werid - when I would hold it, it would start dialing 444445444444644445..... now I can't use it at all. But if dh held it, it would stop. Then one day, I started to loose my paitence with Ella - I was trying to load the dishwasher, and she wanted to climb inside it - and I started to yell at her "ELLA STOP...." at that moment our fire alarm went off! It was so loud and scary we both stopped and grabbed onto each other. The alarm quit a sec or two later and never went off again - batteries fine, no smoke, nothing. The really cool thing about that was that I have a commitment to gentle parenting, and in that moment I had forgotten that commitment - until the alarm goes off. It brought me to my senses! But it scared the crap out of me too!!!! : All this happened in the coarse of a week - more like 2 or 3 days then stopped. I don't feel haunted anymore.

My cycles before having Ella were 28 days on the dot - they came back a few months ago and have been around 40-50 days, since we co-sleep and bf. We dtd 2X without protection, once around when I would O on a normal schedule and once the week after. The crazy thing was both time before making love dh would specifically tell me that he doesn NOT want to get pg, so therefore he is going to use a condom! And then he 'forgets' to put on a condom. ****

So, I know the likeyhood of me getting pg is pretty freaken small. But the likeyhood any of us is here is a sheer miracle!!! So far I have had the following symptoms:

-Sore, ouchy nipples
-getting up at night to pee (very unusual for me - I have the bladder of a racehorse!)
-Some nauesa
-burst into tears 2X in one day
-Face has broken out (first sign I had with dd)
-cramping, abdominal bloating
-Strong Metallic taste in my mouth
-Stuffy/runny nose

All of this has come and gone! My boobs aren't sore today, but the other day I could hardly nurse at all. In fact yesterday I 'felt' VERY pregnant - but today - NOTHING! The only sign right now is that I really have to pee! I don't remember if the symptoms waxed and waned last time or not... It makes me sad.

Anyway - if I can hold out a few more days to test, it would be better I think... I don't want a false negative test. Heck! I don't want a negative test at all!!

So thats my story - I hope I am not imagining all of this. Either I am pregnant or on a one-way trip to the looney bin!

-Wendy

***Funny story, on dh & I's second date, we were all over each other - at the point where we both were totally stripped, dh stops everything - pulls way back from me and gives me this HUGE speech on how he is compleatly happy as a bachelor and don't expect ANY commitments from him because its just not going to happen. That the most this could ever be is a one-night stand. I say "Ok - Whatever!" and 6 months later we are engaged... So I have learned to take the pre-coitis speeches with a grain of salt!
Old 04-24-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomomma
Anyone have this? Tomorrow, Monday, will be day 60 since my last period. Although my cycle isn't always that reliable, it has been a long. long time since my period has come this late. Although the chances of my being pregnant were relatively slim I, nevertheless, took a test last Thursday -- which was negative. However -- despite some cramping Saturday, I still have yet to get my period AND last night my husband and I had sex without taking any precautions. Immediately afterwards, I had some bleeding and thought -- okay, my period is finally starting -- but today -- nothing. ???? Even when my cycle seems relatively strange, I can usually tell when I'm ovulating, but now I'm utterly confused. Should I take another test? Should I wait another 14 days or so before taking another test? Should I call my ob/gyn to see if there is something else going on? I've never had post-coital bleeding before. Any ideas?
This happend to me last cycle - I tested like a bizillon times and nothing! At 50 days I finally got my period. Are you still nursing? I think when it comes to nursing all bets are off. My experience with nursing and concieving is that there are no absolutes. Whats so one month is totally flipped the next month. You definatly could be pg - or not - its just so hard to say.

I have post-coital bleeding on the occasions when I am too dry and get a small tear or my cervix gets bumped the wrong way. I never had it when pregnant, though.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:40 PM

Just wanted to add that I have a yeast infection and had some bleeding after sex. (Not having sex with the yeast infection now, btw. )
Old 04-24-2006, 04:48 PM

No, I am not nursing. My dd will be 3 late August and stopped nursing on her own at about 14 months. I really have no idea what my body is up to, but I think it's rather mean of it to just randomly decide to throw curve balls at me. I can remember what things were like during my pregnancy with my daughter -- and things just don't seem the same --- except for some up and down nausea, but I have that with my regular cycle sometimes, too. I think I'm going to give it another few weeks. If AF arrives, fine. If nothing happens, I'll test. If that is negative too, I think I'll be scheduling a visit with my ob/gyn anyway. I have a friend who is a nurse who told me some time in the past that it is bad for your body to go without AF for more than 60 days -- though I can't remember why. I know I could call her and ask -- she's practically a sister to me -- however, I know the look she'll get on her face (that - "you're pregnant, aren't you" look) and I'm just not up for letting anyone in on the secret yet, except of course my dh and everyone reading this post. I never said I was logical. I'd love to be pregnant, though admit now is definitely not the ideal time.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 AM

BFN

How is that possible??? All the stars were aligned!?!? Oh well. Dh is thrilled. Sigh. Next time.....
Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure that I am not PG and that my cycle is just all wonky from going off BCP in early April. It's been almost two weeks since I took my first test and all have been BFN. I'm hoping AF will arrive soon, we can have a normal cycle in May and start TTC officially in June.

sleepytime.gifC.- WOHM, CPST Instructor, and all around busy Mama to  blowkiss.gifA.- 02/04, bouncy.gif I. 01/07,babyf.gifE. 09/10 and

Old 05-01-2006, 09:37 PM

Hi everyone! This seems to be a fun thread! We are TTC#1! We are at the point where we get to wait the 2 weeks before we actually find anything out! I will keep everyone posted! WE are anxiously awaiting to be parents!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 PM

ilovemyavery-- I was on depro for 2 years. I have been off of it now for almost 2 years and my cycle (within the last 4-5 months) has just started being normal!

But the best of luck to you!
Old 05-01-2006, 09:50 PM

I posted here last month because I felt pregnant; it turned out I wasn't. This month I was sure I wasn't; last night I got

so much for my intuition
Old 05-02-2006, 10:08 PM

I have been thinking I was preggo most of the winter and last summer. I was having strange symptoms that I associated with being pregnant.

Now I have been doing my temp to make sure when I was ovulating and I did have sex 2&3 days before my perfect cervical fluid which was 3&4 days before my lowest temp. My temp taking has been really accurate and easy with no weirdness.

My cycles is only about 25-26 days so I am expecting my period by Friday or Saturday (posting on Tuesday). Since the cycle is short I don't know if the test will pick it up right as I miss my period but we'll see what happens.

Here's my symptoms:
-nipple sensitivity
-very tired
-skin isn't breaking out like is normal a few days before my cycle
-slight naseua

That's it.
I'll be on the road this weekend but will definitely let you all know what happens. Glad to have found this thread.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:23 PM

I really am not sure what to think. My Hubby has been away on bussiness for about a month now (YAY! He's coming home next week! ), and last month I got a very weird period...

But this month, I'm 6 days late, I'm extremely sore, I've been so nauseous but yet hungry at the same time, I've been going to the bathroom a lot more...

I tested negative last month right before my 'period' started, but that whole month was just weird. I'm going to go in to the doctor for a blood test in a few days, and I really don't want to get my hopes too high and have them crushed...

Wish me luck!!! I want to have good news to tell him when he comes home
Old 05-07-2006, 10:07 PM

Hi, I'm back --- and definitely not pregnant. Aunt Flo arrived - with all of her accompanying baggage - yesterday. I'm still somewhat concerned though --- over 70 days between AF's visits -- very strange ---- plus the after sex bleeding? Should I just consider it a fluke? It certainly gives me something to think about. I guess if it happens again, it's off to my ob/gyn I go. In the meantime, good luck to everyone out there and may your outcomes be what you're hoping for.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 PM

Hi! I love this! This what I needed for my last two pregnancies...
We are not TTC but just started using a diaphragm 4 months ago. My cycles are not always regular, but I know when I ovulate (I have cramps on one side for about a day) and I always get my moon about 12 days after that. It is now 14 days! No moon! Other than that I have no really obvious symptoms. Who knows? We were pretty sure we were finished having dcs, but the thought of being pg makes me pretty happy!

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:43 AM

I feel totally pregnant. Sore breasts, TIRED, and nauseous, but I am only about 7-10 dpo, and I am trying to talk myself out of getting excited. Chances are slim. But man, I feel so weird and I can't stand not knowing!!

Angie, mama to Anna '01, Mia '04, and Leif '08 and angel1.gif '03  angel1.gif'07 angel1.gif'12.Expecting someone new in 7/13! pos.gif

h20homebirth.gif familybed2.gif bftoddler.gif homeschool.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

Old 05-12-2006, 01:11 AM

Symptoms:

-EXTREME exhaustion. I want to sleep all the time (hard with two toddlers lol) A month ago I was staying up until 3 or 4 a.m... now I'm in bed by 9.
-Slight nausea and dizziness.
-Stuffy nose (is this even a sign of pregnancy?)
-Breakouts (again, i'm not even sure if this is a sign)

AF is only two days late. I'll probably test Sunday, if she hasen't came by then.

I still haven't decided if I want to be pregnant, or not. I would love another baby, however, right now isn't the best time for it to happen.

knit.gifMom of Many  jumpers.gif

Old 05-16-2006, 01:33 AM

I had my first ppAF last month (dd is 15 months), it was fine, not anything different than any other af I've ever had. I am now on day 36 I know that I could still be just irregular, but in my prebaby days I had a 28 day regular cycle. A few days ago (day 30-31) I could have sworn I felt "o". We have dtd a lot this month (I think my hormones are going crazy). On day 35 (yesterday) I woke up with CM. I don't know if I am pregnant, or will be pregnant soon, but I just have that *feeling*.

Oh and I have been drop dead exhausted for a week. No nausea.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
If it makes you feel any better, my cycles were always regular. My first few pp cycles are always longer though -- this last time, the first one was close to 60 days. It took... 4 or 5, iirc, each one getting shorter, before they settled back down.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

Old 05-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery
Well, I'm pretty sure that I am not PG and that my cycle is just all wonky from going off BCP in early April. It's been almost two weeks since I took my first test and all have been BFN. I'm hoping AF will arrive soon, we can have a normal cycle in May and start TTC officially in June.
Well... I was wrong!! After taking something like 10 tests in two weeks, I stopped testing and starting waiting for AF. I felt pretty funky this weekend though and noticed that my breasts were definitly bigger and really tender. So I took a test last night and got a big, bright !!! The positive was up before the control line!

My DH has been out of town for three weeks, so I know that this pregnancy happened in mid to late April. I went off the pill on April 7 and last tested BFN around April 25. I tested BFP yesterday. So, best guess is mid to late April, which would make me due in mid January!

I had a m/c in November, followed by the whole kidney donation in February. So I am very cautious. I told DH but no one else IRL. I am going in tommorrow for a quantitive HCG level check to see where I am. We're very, very happy! Just very cautious at this point!

I KNEW I was pregnant, I just KNEW it! I stopped testing because DH thought I was nuts for taking a million (dollar store) tests. Anyway, that's my story!

Old 05-18-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemyavery
Well... I was wrong!! After taking something like 10 tests in two weeks, I stopped testing and starting waiting for AF. I felt pretty funky this weekend though and noticed that my breasts were definitly bigger and really tender. So I took a test last night and got a big, bright !!! The positive was up before the control line!

My DH has been out of town for three weeks, so I know that this pregnancy happened in mid to late April. I went off the pill on April 7 and last tested BFN around April 25. I tested BFP yesterday. So, best guess is mid to late April, which would make me due in mid January!

I had a m/c in November, followed by the whole kidney donation in February. So I am very cautious. I told DH but no one else IRL. I am going in tommorrow for a quantitive HCG level check to see where I am. We're very, very happy! Just very cautious at this point!

I KNEW I was pregnant, I just KNEW it! I stopped testing because DH thought I was nuts for taking a million (dollar store) tests. Anyway, that's my story!
CONGRATS!

User Tag List