Natural Way to Bring on AF after BCP? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-15-2006, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I went off of BCPs mid-November and have had no O and now AF. Have you tried anything natural to bring on AF that worked? I want to start there before I have to resort to more synthetic hormones. Arrrgh. I was dx with PCOS 8 yrs ago, which is why I went on them in the first place. So, I don't know if I normally O or not, but I definately got my period every 5-6 weeks before.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Sometimes big doeses of B vitamins will help bring things around. And I know there are moms here who use the herb Vitex to bring AF back post partum while nursing. I have no clue if there is any harm in taking Vitex with PCOS. There is a group in TTC with PCOS that might be able to help more.

Good luck!
Laura

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 5 Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM

When I went off BCP's after 9 1/2 years I got the book Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar. She has tea blends you can put together to regulate your cycle gently. She recommends herbs like Vitex : and wild yam root for progestrone production, as well as raspberry leaf, Don Quai root, yarrow, oat straw, and nettles (nettles are great for regulating cycles). I like to add a little Licorice root to it for a calming of the nerves and relaxation, it's tastey as well. I have also heard of acupuncture and massage specifically for regulating the cycle work very well. I'm getting to the point of wanting to try acupuncture for the sticky baby part, I think the herbs have helped with my cycle. GL
~devon
#4 of 5 Old 01-25-2006, 04:50 AM

I had really good luck with acupuncture. Not only did it bring back my flow, it helped me actually have a monthly flow, rather than an every 5-8 week hemorrhage like I had before BCPs.
#5 of 5 Old 01-25-2006, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

thanks everyone! I'll have to look into all of your helpful suggestions.

Arwyn, so sorry about your dad...hope he's as comfortable as possible in his last days.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page