Likelihood of pregnancy during O time? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 01-22-2006, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know the statistics or anything so if someone knows tell me! What is the likelihood of getting pregnant if you DID during O time? Is there an increased chance or is that kind of timing mainly used for gender related bding?

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Under optimal circumstances - if you have sex at the right time, with all conditions being favorable...there is a 20% chance you will conceive each cycle.

So, take that for what it is worth.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 01-23-2006, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read that a couple of normal fertility has a 20% chance of conceiving if they have intercourse once during the fertile time. I also read that the chances increase, if they have intercourse more than once during that time (this is for the entire fertile period..not just the day of ovulation).

I also read that 80% of all viable pregnancy's are a result of intercourse happening on either the day before or the day of ovulation.

The is all from "The Art of Natural Family Planning" by the Kippley's.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 treehugger.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page