Mucous and exercise - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-23-2006, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have only had 1 ppaf since dd2 was born 15 months ago, so my cycles may still be a little wacky. Anyway, I have been trying to keep track of mucous type and when I have ewcm, and it seems that the only time of day I get ANY mucous is in the morning right after I exercise. Five or six mornings a week, I jog around my house (yes, kinda dorky I know..but it is the only way I can exercise while still watching my kids in the winter when it is too cold for them to sit in the stroller), and it seems afterwards when I go to the bathroom I will frequently see mucous...sometimes it is ew and sometimes more tacky...but really the ONLY time I see it is after I exercise, and than the rest of the day I am "dry" or maybe a sensation of "wetness" but no discernable mucous.

Has anyone else noticed, that they only get mucous after exercising. I am wondering if it is cervical mucous I am seeing, which is "shaken down" from jogging around/mixing with sweat. I have had 2 vaginal births and I have read that many woman never totally close up in the cervix after giving birth, so even if it is open just a little could the exercise be making it come out..even if it isn't totally related to fertility? Or maybe, my body just isn't make enough mucous now, and that is why I get so little and only after exercise when movement and sweat makes it come out??

I don't chart temps, so I don't really know when I ovulate..I pretty much just try to keep track of mucous..since right now we are really neither TTC nor TTA..just kinda going with the flow.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-23-2006, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've noticed the same thing. The one time I've ever seen any real EWCM was right after a workout. I'm charting, and it was a couple days before FF pinpointed my ovulation. I've never had children, so that's not a factor in my case.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page