Fertility Confusion - - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-13-2006, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am usually pretty good about this stuff - but my body is baffeling me at the moment....

I am 13 months into bf my baby on demand - got my first period last month on the 8th of Feb. Dh & I are not trying to get pg and are using barrier methods of bc.

On the 8th of this month, I got the compulsion to test (for no good reason) and got a speckled response.... in the pregnancy line space I got a few dots but not a line. Anyone else ever gotten dots??? Weird! The next morning I tested again - negative.... next morning after that I tested again and got a negative....

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....................

Now its the 13th and I still haven't gotten my period back and pre-baby I was 28 days on the dot. I have been having cramps, and general abdominal pain and nausea - but haven't had the tell-tell signs I had with Ella, no face acne (my biggest sign the first time) no food adversions or anything....

Should I test - AGAIN. Seems like I tested an awful lot and should be content with the answer - but where is my period????

Anyone got a crystal ball and can tell me what my problem is??? Help! Advice??? Anyone????????
#2 of 2 Old 03-13-2006, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Everyone is different, but in my experience it took a few months for my period to get "regular" once it came back. Initially, I had several cycles that were all over the place, anywhere from 25 to almost 50 days, and I was always quite regular before. One of my sisters reccomended taking a flax oil supplement to help my cycles and I did. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but as soon as I started taking it I went right back to my 26-28 day cycles. I probably went 5 or so months with irregular cycles, but once they went back to regular, they stayed that way. Hope that helps.

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page