Anyone use a Diva Cup? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been using my divacup for about 2-3 years and I LOVE it! It gives such peace of mind never having to worry about leaks anymore, and not having to empty it as often as you would change a pad or tampon is a bonus too. I left my stem on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron View Post
Yeah, that "spin" instruction is laughable. How can it spin? How can you grab it that much? What matters is that you get it to open one way or another, which means twiddle with it until you think it's open.
I 'spin' mine by inserting a finger up next to it and rotating it around the cup. I don't really grip or grab it at all, but doing this makes it turn a bit and pop open. I sometimes also have to pull down on the stem to make it sit right.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#32 of 38 Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM

Aside from all of the other benefits mentioned, I love that I can get in the shower, get myself totally clean, get the cup totally clean, insert the cup, and rinse myself off again before getting out of the shower. In the old days, it was hard to avoid getting little spots on my towel while I was drying off, before I could get a tampon or pad in place. No such problem with the cup.

Mom to DS1 : 11/2004 and DS2 12/2008; happy to have discovered ECing, co-sleeping, and tandem nursing during our journey together

#33 of 38 Old 11-26-2007, 02:39 PM

LOVE it!! Best thing EVER... I really prefer any resuable product.

And I can totally 'spin' my divacup. I fold it, pop it in and then put my finger up there by the rim and give it a twist. "Don't be afraid to reach up there and twist!" I got that tip from my bf.

By day #4 I am sick of putting my finger 'up there' but what the heck, still beats those nasty tampons anyday.

Could not live without it.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#34 of 38 Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 PM

I love love love my divacup. Everything on the testimonial site is true. There is a learning curve, so the first few cycles you should use backup. I can't spin mine either; the very act of grabbing it means I'm breaking the seal. But I do sort of pull it halfway out and hop around and generally look ridiculous for a minute or so and it pops open. I do stick a finger in there to make sure it's popped all the way open.

It makes your period shorter and lighter because bleached menstrual products cause heavier bleeding and cramps. Since the divacup has no chemicals, it doesn't have that effect on you. Not everybody has shorter/lighter periods but lots of people do.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#35 of 38 Old 11-28-2007, 09:39 AM

LOVE mine!!!!! I am amazed at how wonderful it really is. I ddidn't beleive it could really hold as much as it does and it is faily easy to use. I am so happy ot have one now.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#36 of 38 Old 11-29-2007, 09:08 PM

I love my diva. I have a #2 since I am over 30 (no kids yet) and I think it is a little bit for me, but I still love it. Sooooo much better than tampons.

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#37 of 38 Old 12-01-2007, 06:28 AM

LOVE my Diva Cup although I've not tried the other types - in general I love using something reusable, not having wet string and my OCD side likes knowing how much I've bled I know, I'm a freak.

Your User Agreement here at MDC, read it and make it your friend and read the FAQ to answer all the questions of the (MDC) world.
#38 of 38 Old 12-02-2007, 01:47 AM

My midwives both use them, and I'm really thinking about buying one from them and giving it a try. They love them, but their stories about getting them popped open after they're in are hysterical.

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page