TTC & still nursing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, my ds is almost 3 and still nursing, not much, mostly in the morning, an occasional late nighter and an occasional daytime. I have had my period back for quite a while and I know the first few I had I was not ovulating. The period pretty much consisted of 3 days of light spotting and nothing else. But for at least a year now I have had regular periods coming very consistently every 28 days. My question is if you all think nursing is at all affecting when or if I ovulate. I would think I am ovulating on a regular basis since I am getting my period regularly but I am not sure. I am checking my mucus and we only starting trying last month, which was unsuccessful. I know that it can take a few tries but the whole nursing thing has been on my mind. Any imput or stories to share. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 AM

If you only just started trying there is no reason to worry just yet. But I'll share my story a little anyway:
I nursed my dd for 3.4 years, AF became regular at 18 months. TTC for many months (starting when dd turned 2), then started charting. Discovered that I would ovulate on day 18-20, and then get a period about 10 days later. So even though my cycles were regular, the second half of my cycle was too short for conception. It was due to a lack of progesterone, I also had horrible PMS, and a lack of energy near AF.

Tons of moms concieve while nursing, so hopefully it will happen for you soon!

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
Old 07-10-2006, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for sharing, it is very interesting trying to learn your cycle by charting your mucus. Our bodies are so amazing. Do you think my time of ovulation could fluctuate from month to month if ds nurses more one month than the next? I guess if I just watch my mucus I should know.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:02 PM

In my case I got AF back 8 weeks pp with ds1, had regular cycles like you, 28days. When he has 2, we ttc #2 and had no problem. I got pg 2nd month of trying and ds was nursing a lot. Good luck to you!

Me, my Husband and three little Boys! 7, 5 and 7 1/2 months! Life is good!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

oh thanks for the encouragement, that is what I want to hear!!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chele
Do you think my time of ovulation could fluctuate from month to month if ds nurses more one month than the next? I guess if I just watch my mucus I should know.
Charting is cool isn't it? Anyway, if your length of cycle varies, it probably does vary when you O, I have a friend who's ds nursed a lot extra one month while sick, she O'd 2 weeks later than expected, and had a second ds.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
Old 07-13-2006, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

this past year I have been more regular than I ever have, usually 28 days exactly, if anything I will be a day early. And really the nursing can really vary, from almost nothing to more than I would like at times, and still I have remained regular. I will try and stay as tuned in with my body as possible, and hope for the best.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:44 AM

My oldest son was 19 months and a big nurser when we got pregnant with our youngest. I think that the nursing factor effects some women more than others.

User Tag List