missed period? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-13-2006, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I'm freaking out a little.. my last period was on June 7th, so today is day 37, and I honestly don't feel like I am getting ready to start. But I also don't feel pregnant.

dh has a vasectomy about 3 years ago, so surely, surely, surely I'm not pregnant. I have had 2 negative ept's (most recent yesterday).

Always before, I could really tell when I was pregnant, almost immediately..

thoughts? could this be peri-menopause? I have been every 26 days like clockwork before, unless pregnant.. maybe I just didn't ovulate last month?

ugh. I called my gyn, and she said wait about 2 more weeks, and if still nothing, come in for bloodwork.

I'm wondering if it is stress.... we are in a rocky point right now in our marriage, dh just quit his job & started another one. I'm leaving on friday for florida w/o him to meet my parents, and I'm nervous about both kids on the plain. Just all around stressed.

but,,,,,,,,,,, I've never skipped a period before??
#2 of 3 Old 07-13-2006, 01:19 PM

I'll be waiting for replies.

I've always been regular but I'm at day 37 right now and no period.

I took a HPT two days ago and it was negative.

I'm just wondering what's up.
#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2006, 02:50 PM

Same here. I'm regular (5 weeks give or take two days) and have been since going off the Pill last year. I have never had a period be more than 2 days late in my life, except the first cycle post-Pill (and even then my cycle was only 41 days).

Now I'm on CD45 - almost CD46! - with two tests and two BFNs. No PMS in sight, but no pregnancy symptoms, either.

We're not actively TTC or TTA, although I do try to stay more-or-less aware of my body. We're not aiming for a kid right now, though. We BDed three times - all after CD 30 - normally a "safe" time. I realize in hindsight that this may not have been the case.

Ach! Should have charted!

I'm giving myself until Monday (would be CD48) before I test again and then Wednesday before I call the doctor. I need to know what's up because I have some vaccines to get done before I go on a vacation that would most likely get cancelled were I pregnant... I'm just wondering if maybe the home tests aren't accurate! This could prove to be a very loooooonnnng weekend.
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page