anyone else "hopng' for a "suprise baby"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do not usually post here - because I really haven't decided if I want another child (I have 3), or not. We use withdrawl, hardly the most reliable method, and each month I wonder/almost hope that I am pregnant. I think I am trying to let God/the universe decide. Anyone else in the same boat - or ever do this (If so...what happened?)

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Yeah, I've been hoping. I've rarely been on birth control in my life and started dtd when I was 14. I was dumb and used withdrawl as a teen. I've only been pregnant 3 times and all three happened when he didn't withdrawl at my O time. So, I guess withdrawl has been pretty reliable for me.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#3 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 PM

well, i was on the pill but kept having these thoughts/fantasies about being pregnant...i kept taking my pill religiously but one month i had some light spotting instead of my period and i just knew that i had somehow made it happen by thinking about it so much!
#4 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 03:05 PM

Yes, I am right there with you!! We also use withdrawal and it has proved to be a very reliable method for us... It's always in the back of my head though that it's not full proof and I often hope for an accident.

The only thing going against us though is that we have not had an accident in the 12 years of using it unless he didn't pull out and we were trying for a baby at those times. The odds of an oopsie for me are somewhat slim I believe!! :
#5 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey2061 View Post
well, i was on the pill but kept having these thoughts/fantasies about being pregnant...i kept taking my pill religiously but one month i had some light spotting instead of my period and i just knew that i had somehow made it happen by thinking about it so much!
Did that really work, because I take bcp and fantasize about an oops baby myself.

"With the thoughts I'd be thinkin', I could be another Lincoln,

If I only had a brain."duh.gif

#6 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I have been using withdrawl for 5 years (cummulative - not in a row). I have never had an oops...so it seems pretty reliable for us.

I am also trying not to control the universe...I do not deliberately have sex around "O", but if I am feeling frisky or husband initiates...I go for it. I almost wish I did not know when I was "O" as I play head games with myself about it. :

Glad I am not alone!! I also wonder if putting these thoughts out into the universe wil make it happen.
#7 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 04:25 PM

I'd love a suprise pregnancy. I would love to be like, "Guess what honey!" and have Dh be excited, but I know it wouldnt happen right now, since he's under a lot of job-related stress. We're probably going to ttc next year officially, but in the meantime i'd love a 'whoops'. I'm on the pill though, so its unlikely. :
#8 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoamama View Post
Did that really work, because I take bcp and fantasize about an oops baby myself.

i'm assuming in worked, since i took the pill perfectly and got pregnant...i'm not saying that it couldn't be a fluke, but i'm sure my psychological state had a lot to do with it
#9 of 35 Old 11-15-2006, 06:26 PM

I think I'd be very happy with a surprise baby. It's hard for me to admit that, because I'm trying to finish school before we have a child. Despite me knowing that in my head, my heart aches for a child especially when I'm fertile. We use FAM (charting) and either withdrawl or condoms during the fertile time. Maybe my secret desire for a baby is why I keep loosing my damned thermometer? maybe my subconcious is trying to set us up! I joke with DP the only way we will have a baby is if it is a surprise; he hates planning for things.
#10 of 35 Old 11-16-2006, 12:13 PM

I would love a surprise baby... But since I am single and not doing the baby dance it won't happen

M,partner to D,mama to Sofia (6/01), Madeline(11/04), and Quin(2/08)  Hoping for a tubal reversal baby SOON after the proceduremakebabe.gif

#11 of 35 Old 11-16-2006, 10:39 PM

You sound just like me!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#12 of 35 Old 11-17-2006, 12:49 AM

Yep, that's me. We are using withdrawl and I am taking my dd's gummy multi- vitamins and folic acid. But we aren't 'planning'. I am also in the process of slooowwly getting a degree and we'd like an addition on the house but the "we should wait until"s are endless, so...

Anyway, my nipples have been super sore for a few days now, which sort of excites me, but we'll see. I get a little disappointed when at first when my period arrives
#13 of 35 Old 11-17-2006, 04:10 PM

It's so funny that I was lurking on the fertility board, not posting becuase we're not "trying", and came across this thread!

I am so hoping for a "suprise" baby. Dd was conceived on our honeymoon. Total suprise! It's the only way I know now

Dh and I have talked about starting TTC #2 around Christmas, but I'm sort of secretly hoping we just end up pregnant.

We shall see!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#14 of 35 Old 11-18-2006, 11:27 PM

I totally hoped for a surprise baby and then we got pregnant with #2. This time around, I went through a time period of hoping for a surprise baby, to no avail. My husband is now on board with #3 though and we are actively TTC.
#15 of 35 Old 11-18-2006, 11:47 PM

Not right now, but Henri was a surprise baby and he has been one of the best surprises I've ever gotten in my entire life He's our "Wow that was fun babies are awesome lets go have unprotected sex!" love child :
#16 of 35 Old 11-19-2006, 05:03 PM

We had our 3rd boy just 4 months ago, my hubby is pretty sure we are done, I'm not however, I would love to have just one more, (yes try for that little girl) Anyway, we don't use anything, just withdrawl and I secretly hope that it will eventually lead to a surprise baby. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Atara wife to Joseph mom to Kaleb and Jacob : Caeden Ashlyn : and our angel baby ,:,
#17 of 35 Old 11-19-2006, 05:19 PM

That's my hope! I don't want to actively try for a third child. We are very happy with our two sweet little girls but would love to have a surprise! We don't usually use any birth control and every month I get a little bit excited as I wait for my period and a little bit disappointed when it arrives.
#18 of 35 Old 11-25-2006, 03:43 AM

I am mostly sure I'm done (have 3 also and youngest is a handful!) but DH really wants one more-crazy to have the dad want more in most cases.
We are very careful and I chart but still sometimes (rarely LOL) think a surprise would answer my wonderings for me and I'd be happy.

and as a matter of fact ....
This month we've traveled across country for the holidays and I think for ONCE my cycle is off from the stress or something and am wondering if maybe a suprise is waiting for me in the form of a BFP when I get home.... (what are the chances really that after a year of being regular that this month I'd ovulate a week early when I thought we were safe!)
oh well...I trust fate

Full-time homeschooling mama : of a 15yo "teenager" , 12yo DIVA, 9yo builder, & 4yo treasure.
#19 of 35 Old 11-25-2006, 03:50 AM

yes!

almost 13 months pp and no sign of af yet, and dd is nursing like crazy especially at night so it's not even on the horizon. i did have a few instances of o-type pain/twinges so i may be ovulating sporadically. we've just been using withdrawal as bc.

i'd love a little 'oopsie' baby!
#20 of 35 Old 11-25-2006, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
I do this every month. Problem is, it is hard to have an oops when your method is withdrawal.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#21 of 35 Old 11-28-2006, 03:34 AM

I would love to have a surprise baby, but not now while I'm using my current bc. I have an IUD and I would *not* want to have to deal with that issue. So my secret wish is for the IUD to just fall out.
#22 of 35 Old 11-28-2006, 04:37 AM

I thought I kind of wanted a surprise baby until recently I took a pregnancy test and read it wrong : and *thought* it was a positive. I nearly had a heart attack as I already had really crazy day with my 2 very young children : At that moment the reality of having a third baby right now smacked me upside the head. I've had one surprise pregnancy in my life (my daughter) and the absolutely-freaking-out that happened makes me not want to relive that part of the experience. I suppose I felt that panic when I found out I was having my second baby too (planned and very much anticipated).

We don't use any birth control now, but I haven't had AF yet so who knows what will happen. At this point we are just taking it all as it comes along. I'd be okay with it taking longer than it did after my first baby (14 months pp), and I *think* I would be okay with it even if it happened now (depends on the day ).

~Rebecca~
mama to a sweet girl , & 4 silly boys

#23 of 35 Old 11-28-2006, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleine Hexe View Post
I would love to have a surprise baby, but not now while I'm using my current bc. I have an IUD and I would *not* want to have to deal with that issue. So my secret wish is for the IUD to just fall out.
Mine did, 13 days after I got it.

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
#24 of 35 Old 11-28-2006, 12:54 PM

as I am very careful about using bc.

All 3 of mine were planned and we're not planning a 4th but part of me would love to be surprised.

Sigh.
#25 of 35 Old 12-02-2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Mine did, 13 days after I got it.
Mine has been in for 10 months now. It seems to be doing it's job very very well.
#26 of 35 Old 12-02-2006, 03:48 PM

We only have suprises and I do think that it is fun. We use BC as child spacing more than total prevention.

BTW-I am suprised that mamas are finding success using withdraw...

homebirth.jpg<>< Mama to DS, DD, and a new baby girl 4/1! homeschool.gifmdcblog5.gif

#27 of 35 Old 12-02-2006, 04:00 PM

I would love a surprise baby. I still want one more baby (kind of hoping to have a girl next time), but my DH keep saying no more. BUT, he was supposed to get his vasectomy almost a yr ago and still hasn't done it. I told him if I get pg again, I don't want to get pg until about a yr from now. So, I'm hoping he'll warm up to the idea and then we won't really ttc, but if it happens, it happens.
#28 of 35 Old 12-06-2006, 01:05 AM

Withdrawl has worked all to well for us. I also keep thinking that it will fail, but it is rather reliable.
I want a third so badly, but dh does not.
However this is not a good time for us, so doesn't that mean that we will end up pregnant? It always goes that way.
#29 of 35 Old 12-09-2006, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I do this every month. Problem is, it is hard to have an oops when your method is withdrawal.
:

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#30 of 35 Old 12-11-2006, 12:34 PM

meme! and i'm so surprised i am, because ds2 is only 7.5 months old...
i always said i would have no smaller than a 3 year gap between my kids but i just feel so at peace with the idea, so we haven't been using any form of protection since he was born. it'll happen when it happens!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page