Natural way to "jump start" periods? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-21-2007, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been off depo bc for over a year and have been to the doctor, where I was given progesterone to start a period. It didn't start one for me. In 3-6 months we will start fertility drugs if my periods don't regulate themselves. I was wondering if anyone knows of a natural way to get things going so that I may not have to take fertility drugs. Dh and I want a child as soon as possible and I want to take the least amount of drugs possible. Thanks

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2007, 03:41 PM

Maybe check out the herb vitex/chasteberry. It is supposed to help balance your hormones. I do not know about your specific situation, but I suggest looking up herbs and fertility on the internet or visiting someone who knows about herbs/natural treatments. Check out www.susanweed.com
Old 03-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Vitex wont start a period per se, but with continued use, it balances out your hormones, help with ovulation and lengthen your LP.

To start a period, I used natural progesterone cream for about 5 or 7 days straight I use 1/2 tsp in the morning and 1/2 tsp in the evening, then stop. I would only stop to have a withdrawal bleed if I know for sure I’m not pregnant or the drop in progesterone could cause a miscarriage.
Old 03-24-2007, 12:50 AM

Depo is so evil. I seriously don't know why its legal. So many women have fertility problems after coming off of it.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom View Post
Depo is so evil. I seriously don't know why its legal. So many women have fertility problems after coming off of it.
: I was young when I was put on it. Wasn't really informed of all the side effects. Thank you for your feedback. I am a little reluctant to go the route of fertility treatments because I'm young, I'm only 24. I know young people are just as likely to have fertility problems as older women, but I had no problem getting pregnant with ds. I think that's what makes this whole thing more frustrating.

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Old 04-06-2007, 03:00 PM

LM,
Did you go on the progesterone direclty after getting off depo? I would try a cleanse to clear any excess hormones and than give your system a well needed rest from outside hormones. Switch to a nutrient dense diet.

90% of couples get pregnant in 18 months, so you may want to also give your self a longer time line before resorting to medical fertility treatments.

Here is a helpful article about what to do after you get off bc. I know you have been off for a while, but this may still be helpful.

Hope that helps,
Hethir
Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 AM

I was 23 when I started my attempts to getting pregnant. People thought I was stupid. Turns out, if I hadn't started when I did - I might not have my little guys today. Don't give up!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 AM

I didn't resume normal cycling after going off of Depo Provera for about three years. It freaked me out, a lot. I didn't try anything specific (and didn't even know that there was anything really that I could do at the time). I hope something natural works out for you soon.

Elated mom to Elliott (5/25/10)
Old 01-23-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkyld View Post
I didn't resume normal cycling after going off of Depo Provera for about three years. It freaked me out, a lot. I didn't try anything specific (and didn't even know that there was anything really that I could do at the time). I hope something natural works out for you soon.

See her sig, aparently something did work.

User Tag List