Is my period normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-22-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All of my life I've heard that during our periods we only loose between 5 and 7 tablespoons of blood.... Well soaking in the hot bath for 3O min to relieve my cramps turns the water RED RED RED. I use cloth pads and go through 6-8 of the extra long extra thick ones every day for 3 days. Then for 2 days I have a lighter flow and go through about 4 pads a day (this isn't counting night time). I'm about to just start wearing depends because I leak so much (not as much as I used to with disposable pads though). We've been TTC for 2 years now, DTD every time I ovulate, abstaining about a week before. I have terrible dismenoreah. I have to take vicodin to get through the first 3 days (can't take NSAIDs anymore because of stomach surgery). I'm thinking of going on the pill for a couple of months. Every time I've gotten pregnant it's been immediately after stopping BCPs. I'm just sacred to take them now because I have Anticardiolipin antibodies.

Now TMI alert!!

Poor DH....last month I fell asleep in the tub with just my nose sticking out of the water. The hot water felt so good and relieved my cramps so I relaxed and passed out.......DH came in to check on my because I'd been so long...he though I'd bled to death and started SCREAMING...which startled me awake and made me sink....breathing in that nasty bloody water!!! I'd bled alot and there were a lot of clots. I had to shower off because I was covered. My dh almost fainted So guys.....what do you think is up?

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
fibroids? friend of mine had a fiboid and she bled a lot.
#3 of 6 Old 03-23-2007, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

I guess it's possible, but not likely. It's been this way since I was about 16 years old and I'm 31 now. I've had multiple sonograms after miscarriages and nothing's shown up in those. I was hoping that my period would get lighter with weightloss...well I lost about 112 lbs and am now only slightly overweight...didn't help at all : I used to take 1 aleve every morning for 3 days, starting 3 days before my period and it would almost completely prevent the cramps...but I had gastric bypass and can't take aleve, aspirin, motrin or advil anymore I use portable heating pads (sucks in summer time) and hot baths..but I run a home daycare and just have to be miserable for 3 days a week from the cramps because I can't take narcotics during business hours unless there is another adult responsible for the kids. They're seriously as bad as labor pains (not as bad as transition when my head spins 360 degress and I spew pea soup. I actually like being pregnant (despite having to give myself injections in the stomache every 12 hours to stay that wayd and morning noon and night sickness for 6 months) because I don't have cramps for 9 months, lol.

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
#4 of 6 Old 03-23-2007, 01:31 AM

I'm sorry momma. I was just reaching with that one.. I feel your pain. I have extremely painful periods with no cause found yet, no heavy bleeding though. It really does impact your life

hav eyou had your thyroid checked? hypothyroidism can cause heavy, irregular and painful periods and make it hard to conceive. That was one of the things they tested me for (I'm not ttc yet but have a lot of the symptoms of hypothyroidism)
#5 of 6 Old 03-23-2007, 11:58 PM

Try taking shepherd's purse during your period. That might stymie the flow a bit.
#6 of 6 Old 03-24-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfpmom View Post
Try taking shepherd's purse during your period. That might stymie the flow a bit.
THANKYOU

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page