Perimenopause and Charting - some questions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I used charting to get pregnant at age 29 (only took two months, charts were pretty standard), and have been using it to avoid (I am now 32) for the past 7 months. We want to have one more child, and cannot TTC in the near future due to some unfortunate events with our finances (we were hoping to try in 2008, but if things don't turn around for us, I don't know what we will do). Both my mother and grandmother were in full blown menopause (as in menses had stopped) by 40 (and maybe as early as 38, they couldn't remember exactly). Both of them did have children in their mid to late thirties as well though. I am expecting to also be in menopause by the age of 40. I am so paranoid of having this affect my fertility (esp. after talking with people that this had happened to). I have been trying to analyze my charts to get an idea of if I am starting perimenopause or not. I am seeing some differences (delayed O, etc.) but I am not sure if this is due to bfing or a potential start of perimenopause. I have read the section in TCOYF on menopause/perimenopause but was wondering if anyone has had some practical life experience in this and could tell when they were entering perimenopause by their charts. I have had a hot flash here and there, but nothing on a regular basis or anything.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page