Side effects of the Pill? Or....pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-02-2007, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oy vey here we go again. I've only been on the pill for two cycles, progesterone-only pill. I'm constantly hungry- I mean like HUNGRY!!!! Like, I had a huge plate of fettucine alfredo I made for dinner and could have easily mowed down a double quarter pounder if I went and got one. Now, I do have a 9 month old who is still mostly breastfed and might be having a growth spurt, although I'm not convinced of that because he's not nursing any more or less than usual. I'm also pretty tired, and now for the second day I'm having mild tightness in my chest just like I used to get when I was pregnant. A strange symptom I know, but I only get it when I'm pregnant I swear... I stopped charting ( stupid...) and right now I'm having whitish discharge like you'd get during ovulation, even though I'm supposed to be having my period. My CNM instructed me to continue taking the pills and not have an "off" week, so apparently you don't get periods when you take it like that. I know, this is all clear as mud....So is this just the pill messing with me or could I possibly be pregnant?
#2 of 2 Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious - are you pg?
Hunger and changes in cm are side effects of the pill, just fyi if you haven't come across that info elsewhere. Did you want to be pregnant? I hope you got the result you were hoping for.

I'm totally curious, partly out of the morbid messing with my own head that I am doing. My dh is basically sterile, but I had a really strong cycle this month (ovulatory spotting, which I never get, post-o ovarian tenderness...), and now I am eating like my teenage brother (that would be a lot!), and have ridiculous breast tenderness. Af is due in two days, and I shouldn't be pg, but oh, I want to be! The hunger is a scary thing hey? I keep having visions of gaining 30lbs in the next week. I didn't even put this much food away when I was training 20-25 hours a week!

Katia

For greater things are yet to come...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page